Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Relocate Ballast Switches?

I hate the factory location of the ballast switches on my 2006 LSV. You have to crane your neck down and look right to see where you have them set. Has anyone relocated these? I am thinking of moving them to the flat area just above the armrest. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I too hate the location! For one it's too easy to forget your adding/draining ballast!
    2007 Mobius LSV

very poorly designed. depending on where your seat is they are also very hard to get at. whats the deal with that? how hard would it have bein to put them on the dash or something like every other manufacturer?

Default Couldn't take it any more

I am in the process of relocating the ballast switches to right above the arm rest. I'll post some pics tonight.

Now I've got to figure out what to cover up the big hole with where it was previously located.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Can't wait to see that!

I hate the location of the switches. The 2nd day I owned the boat I somehow triggered the switch on just before leaving to go home. It takes 5mins to fill so I didn't see the overflow.

I got a phone call from the marina saying my bilge pump was constantly on. That made so sense so I knew it was the ballast pump. Grrrrr!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Cab---
    I would love to see some pictures of the new loction.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Angry

I am with you cab..... Thay Suck were there at, Already left the ##%&** things on and forgot!!. Can't wait for the pics...........See-ya
    08 LSV, Z-5 CARGO, TANDOM AXLE CUSTOM WHEELS TRAILER.....HOME LAKE IS BILLY CHINOOK CENTRAL OREGON

Got her done tonight, and below are the pics. Sorry, I should have taken more pics of the intermediate steps but just forgot.

So here are the before pics:

That's the wiring harness for the switches hanging down on the left.

First thing I did was to remove the switch plate and disconnect the wiring harness, then I made a template for the new hole I was going to cut and to test fit the switchplate in the new location. The white piece of cardboard is the template.

Using the template, I checked to see if there was enough of a flat spot above the armrest to accommodate the switch. There is, but barely. Pic below shows the cutout traced with a permanent Sharpie. No turning back now!
    Last edited by cab13367; 06-24-2008 at 02:48 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Continued ...

I cut the hole in the trim panel using a Dremel with a cut off disc but forgot to take a pic. I then traced the hole onto the gelcoat behind it then removed the trim panel and cut the same hole in the gelcoat using a jigsaw and a hacksaw.

I put the trim panel back on, drilled the four mounting holes, and screwed her down tight. The trim panel where I mounted the switch plate is not perfectly flat but the switch plate flexes just enough that it conformed to the contour of the trim panel and is completely flush with it.

The best part is that there was enough slack in the wire harness that I did not have to cut and splice it to extend it. Good thing as I would have had to cut and splice about 16 wires!

I'm really happy with the way it turned out. No more craning my neck down between my legs to check the status of the switches!!

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the original hole. Maybe I can enlist Aquaholics buddy to make me a billet aluminun plate with the Moomba logo on it, then I can attach a felt lined flip down tray to it like you see in some kitchens. It'd be a good place to put the car keys and my watch and ring when it's my turn to ride.

Al
    Last edited by cab13367; 06-24-2008 at 02:50 AM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Here are the before and after pics one after the other.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV