Thread: Brian Raymond?

Default Brian Raymond?

Brian,
    You seem like the man with the education on these toys.
    I have a question, maybe you can share some knowledge.

I have a 04 Mobius LSV with the 320 EFI.
    Broke it in slow, 3k max RPM for first 4 hrs, 4k max for next 4 hrs. Typically on and off throttle a lot, let it completely cool often. Felt like I did it right.
    At 8 hrs starting pulling behind it, runs like a champ. Using Perfect Pass when pulling.

Starting heading back to the dock this weekend rough water, afternoon, 1/2 tank of gas still in it. Boat started surging and Perfect Pass while turned off would beep each time the boat surged. I stopped, went to neutral, made sure P.P was off, it was. Took off again and it started doing it again.

Next day same thing, when water gets rough and boat bounces around a bit at about 3k to 4k it surges and P.P beeps at me. I called the dealer and asked what I was doing wrong, he is going to get back to me with some tech support.
    It feels like the boat is missing or running out of gas and it is weird because the boat runs like a champ all day until the water gets real choppy. Very odd.

It could be water in your gas.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Default Surging problem

Brian,
    Thanks for the tip, I will check the wires from the ignition to the motor. Hope that's it.

I know this is old, however, I wanted to mention that I found out the gas station I purchased gas from DID have a batch of bad gas last summer which was right around the time I had my problem.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Bruce,
    It turned out to be a wiring problem within the Perfect Pass installation. All fixed up now, motor runs like a champ.

Brent
    Ventura, California

Before I fill my tank I always fill a glass jar, to see if it will separate. I have heard too many stories about bad gas, and I for one do not want to get stuck out there.
    You don't know unless you try

good idea, thanks
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

You actually fill a jar standing at the gas station and wait to see if it separates water from gas? WOW I guess that is good preventative stuff. I am usually running out the door at freakin 5:00am to hit the lake early, barely have time to grab a coffee at the gas station.

How long does it take to sepa rate?
    Does it happen often enough to be so intense about it?
    Why doesn't my truck with the same motor have problems?
    I guess I better get a jar......

Brent

You actually fill a jar standing at the gas station and wait to see if it separates water from gas? WOW I guess that is good preventative stuff. I am usually running out the door at freakin 5:00am to hit the lake early, barely have time to grab a coffee at the gas station.

How long does it take to sepa rate?
    Does it happen often enough to be so intense about it?
    Why doesn't my truck with the same motor have problems?
    I guess I better get a jar......

Brent