Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pictures of my Clarion set up

I want to add one more JL300/2 because my installer talked me out of using both for the tower. I went with his suggestion and replaced the JL 6450 with the other 300/2. It is a completely different amp. The interior speakers POUND now. I want to add another sub so I am looking for a JL 500/1 to run both P2's. After Cliff tuned the sub amp that I installed last year the Rockford P2 is an amazing sub.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Looks good. Let's see the amps!

Very clean,

Can't beat the wetsounds, it'll be easier to find ya on the lake now, we'll hear you a mile out!!!
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

Aqua,

I like how the location of the remote turned out. Looks like it was meant to be there.

How about a pic of the billet piece that you were planning to cover up the old remote hole with?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Never mind - I see that the old remote is still in place.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Cab, funny you ask that. I was at the Machine shop yesterday to give some final details to how I wanted it to look. They should be running it today and they were going to shoot a picture of it and send it me Wednesday. It's going to be the same shape and size of the radio puck, with Moomba milled in to it and then chromed. The script should look like the cast cleats do.
    The only photo I have now is of the 2 JL 300/2. I need to sell that radio---hint, hint.. to have enough to get the 3rd JL 300/2. Thanks to all who bought the remotes your contribution is greatly appreciated. When I put in the next amp I will put in the WS-420.

Who all here is using an isolator and a second battery vs the dual factory switch and battery?

I'm glad ya'll like the dash remote local, it to me seemed the right choice and the least destructive to the boat. After a week of using the boat its the most natural place because you can leave your right hand on the gear lever and use the left hand to pause and unpause when you get underway. I'll snap a pic of the transom remote this weekend. I still have one small hole to have repair/ gel coated because I was only able to cover 2 with the new hole.

Any body need a new JL 12w6 sub ?? I'm going to get a second RF P2 because I am thrill with the performance of the one I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I never knew the side wall carpet under the dash was so dirty?? Looks like I have something else to clean. By the way I had the interior carpet professionally steam cleaned last week, Boy thats the best 35 dollars I've ever spent.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV

Looks very nice!

Your boat has to be incredibly loud; I've only got 1 Kicker 700.5, 6 Polk db650's and a single Kicker L7 sub and I thought my stuff was loud, lol.

Aqua, i'm in-process of replacing tha factory dual batt perko for a new setup. I hate Perkos and you cannot reliably add an Isolator with one. It will have the following components;

This will allow me to turn the switch to "on" at the beginning of the day. The ACR will isolate/combine batteries as neccessary. At the end of the day turn the switch to off. Much easier and about as easy as it gets to hands off.

It has smart technology as well as remote start cut-ff. It also has a "combine" position for emergency two-batt starting. The cost should be around $260 give or take a few.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Lightbulb

The dual battery setup I am/was/might use is the one I just got from the factory. BEPMARINE.com is the vendor. I called them today to ask a few questions and was happy to hear there anwsers. This is a VSR -volatage sensing relay- unit that will charge each battery one at a time. When either voltage goes below 12.8v the unit automatically charges the battery. So if Bat1 is my starting battery and Bat2 is my stereo battery, I can switch to 2 run it almost dead, change the switch to Bat 1 and start the boat. The battery below 12.8v will auto sense and begin charging till full.

I only worry that I want run the boat long enough to fully charge and run it to problems later. Is that system your installing similar??
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV