Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another cleaning question

A buddy of mine who has a Air Nautique rubs his boat down with 1/2 windex, 1/2 vinegar. What do you guys think of that?

That's a supposed remedy to remove water spots, although i've never got it to work. I use Babe's Boat Products with great success. The water around here is extremely hard and the Boat Brite removes 95%, the rest i get with Spot Solver.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Windex has ammonia, which has been recommended by many boat makers in the past. If you have mold on the vinyl, it is also good for that. Vinegar has been used by many for water spot removal. If you see success on your friend's boat, then use it.

I had only heard of 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar...

I use Babes boat bright on mine and like it... one of my friends with X30 uses Wax as you Dry I think from eagle1... He used it on mine a few weeks ago and did great.. I used it on my truck last week and had great success as well..

BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I got turned on to that wax as you dry Eagle One stuff. Not made for heavy duty crud removal, but for general touch up and cleaning, it works real good. I've been using it on me CBR and areas above the rubrail and on the motor box.
    Hope this helps
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

i use hot sauce and vinyl sauce on my boat. bought it at the last boat show and am very happy with the results.
    www.boatbling.net
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Talking

Tazz,

Are you sure you not talking about BBQ???? What will clean up the carpet??? MY is pretty nasty from a shop floor? OK don't say teriaki sauce either!

I use Resolve carpet cleaner. Seems to work well. Spray on, let bubble, scrub with a poly brush, then wipe off. Rinse well, let dry.

I've removed tree stains, pollon stains, and grease stains.

-J

One of the best things for grease removal, especially if it's heavy, is good old fashioned dish soap. The kind you use to cut the bacon grease out of the frying pan. Apply liberally and scrub, repeat. Takes a lot of rinsing but it will cut a good amount of the grease and carry it away.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! Once we vacuumed up what appeared to be a ton of concrete dust we don't see any stains. It seems like the tech was getting in and out of the boat to get tools often as the rubber mat on the trailer is also grey. Come Saturday morning while we are breaking in the engine we will take a bucket and some sort of cleaner and a brush and clean the carpet while we put the first couple of hours on the new engine.