Default Yellow Tandem Trailer Lights not working?

Has anyone experienced this problem before? If so how did you resolve it. I tried looking at the yellow lights and when I opened it up and pulled the black plug it had a yellow goo inside. I'm not sure if that's the way it's suppost to be. I don't think so but I'm very surprised that all four lights are in similar conditions.

Thanks in advance -- CS

Hey Csumabat
    The "goo" you are talking about is actually grease that is common on gang plugs on most car and trailers. What ti does is form a barrier on all electrical conections to ward off any moisture that would cause bad connections and or corrosion inside gang plug. It is a good idea to always apply liberal amount to sockets anytime you make a repair as water is a good conductor that will kill your ecm by allowing current to go places it is not suppose to go. Hope that helps.
    Philip S. Martell
    Surfer Dude

When I got my boat most of the lights stopped working on the trailer after about a month. I checked all the usual things bulbs trailer plug and all. I got so mad I ended up going to rewire the whole trailer. as I was taking apart the wires I noticed that the cheap connectors they use to splice into the main harness in the frame of the trailer had cut right through the wire. I then went around and soldered all the connections and used shrink tube over the connections. So I would check all the connections to the main harness that's where you'll find the trouble.
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

Default Yellow lights now working..

Thanks for the help...
    It turned out to be a cut wire. I've since fixed it.