Thread: Nice Suprise!

Default Nice Suprise!

We recently had perfect pass lock up on us at surf speed which made getting back to the dock alittle interesting until we finally found the box and unplugged it. Well after that we had to wait 3 weeks for a module to come in which was a bit frustrating. But I had a nice surprise waiting for me today when i fired her up. Apparently perfect pass has updated the firmware to now display water temp all the time on the display when the system is off. You know when the screen just shows rpm and speed, well now there is another section that shows WATER TEMP!!!! So no more navigating through the menu to find the water temp, its right there in front of you. Nothing too major but a neat little addition to an already great product!!
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

Also going though the menu it has gps setting?!?! I wonder if this means we got the new stargazer module minus the antenna? I'm going to have to call perfect pass and find out!!!
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

I'm pretty sure mine says stargazer on the main module. It does show the temp on the main screen, which is quite nice. The lake today was 82-89, depending where we were. Yay for nuclear power!

Took my 08 XLV out for the maiden voyage tonight and noticed the temp always on there. What a great feature. Water was 57 degrees today. Couldn't ride because I still need to break in the motor although I was told in my on water test you really don't have too.

No matter it was a great night just to be on the water.

I really need to get one. I was in a boat that had one in it and it was awesome. It was not a Moomba.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz - Just FYI the install is fairly straightforward. If you have done any kind of stereo or electrical work it should be simple enough.

The new Star Gazer PP. Does it go through on how to disengage the Moomba Cruise. If so, then I will do it myself. I heard the programming is kind of tricky but once it is dialed in, you almost never need to touch it.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz I'm pretty sure they send a bypass module with the kit when you tell them you have ez cruise. You will not regret pp. It makes life so much easier!

BTW... I didnt even think to look up at the module to see if it says stargazer. That would have been the easiest thing to do. I'm very interested in it we have it. Because simple slalom is a pain right now with the paddle wheel. We can never get it to calibrate right and end up just manually driving the boat. It works great for surfing and wakeboarding just not that great for slalom.
    Last edited by Miller_Time; 06-15-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold