Unhappy Broken Rudder 99' Mobius

Long story but when it was all said and done I bent the prop and completely broke off the rudder. I was hoping someone can help point me in the right direction as to where I could get a replacement rudder. I found one on Ebay that is brass and measures 12.5" x 8". Im not sure if it will work and they dont have any information about it. And seeing as how my rudder is completely missing I have nothing to go off of. If someone could measure theres for my I would greatly appreciate it. I dont want to have to go to my dealer if at all possible due to the distance from my house. Thanks

I have a '98 mobius I'm sure they are the same, mines in water today/tonight but will put it on trailor tommorrow and give it a measure. also check with www.skidim.com

we'll help get you one located I'm sure ! have a good eve, bob

ski dim are good folks call'em they'll "steer" ya right

skidim is the best bet! You could also call the factory for information, I am sure they would help you! They have been great about our oil filter problem! Just be prepared to fork out at least 250 dollars for a new one. I would also check the rudder port to see if it got damaged and replace the packing too!

just got it out of water, measurements are appx.

121/2" total height
    widest point of blade 8"
    top of blade 5-1/2"
    bottom of blade 4"
    4"x4" mounting plate

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?n...SC-RPTNSLOTASS

looks as tho this will work unless you can find a used one cheaper...

You will also need the diameter of the shaft which you can get from the rudder port. Look it over real good as I most likely took a hit too! It is made from brass also. How did you manage to get it loose from the steering cable, that might be damaged also!

Thanks For all your help. I am going through my insurance to get it fixed cause I crawled underneath and found that I bent the drive shaft as well. So due to the amount of money involved insurance is my best bet. And Zegm it didnt get loose from the steering cable it just broke completely off. I still have steering just without the rudder. Thanks again. Skidim is a great site for future reference

Check the gelcoat as well. You may have some cracking from what appears to be a pretty hard impact. Gel coat repair can be expensive so you'll want to make sure it's included in the claim. My wife's an insurance agent and she sees this all the time! Good luck!
    07 LSV
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!