Thread: Extra Ballast

Default Extra Ballast

How does everyon weight there boats? I have an 07 OB V with the stock 1200 LBS Im thinking of putting another 500-1000lbs in the nose. Any thoughts?

upgrade the 2 rear bags to 750s and put the stock bags up front, it should make a pretty big difference.

I have an '04 LSV which I think is the same boat. I have 2 500s in the back (19x19x42) and a LaunchPad bag that goes in the walkway (450lbs). This works pretty well. The 500s pretty much fill up the back lockers. I'm not sure you could stuff anything bigger in there. Our setup gives around 1800 lbs total. You might be able to use one of those massive bow bags in the front if you want even more weight. I think those are on the order of 1000 lbs.

Well....We had killer wake yesterday. Here was our setup. Stock 1200#'s extra 600#'s in the nose, 7 people, wakeplate 3/4's of the way up. Holy Pop!!!!!

buy some fly high v-drive sacs, 500 pounds each. take the existing sacs, get some caps for them, fill them up and put them under the the seats in the bow. there is an extra 500 up front if you can fill them all the way up. gravity bag in the locker filled, and then if you want put another sac in the walkway on top of that. we had this setup last weekend and the nose was about 4 inches off the water at rest, borderline dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by yager97 View Post
    buy some fly high v-drive sacs, 500 pounds each. take the existing sacs, get some caps for them, fill them up and put them under the the seats in the bow. there is an extra 500 up front if you can fill them all the way up. gravity bag in the locker filled, and then if you want put another sac in the walkway on top of that. we had this setup last weekend and the nose was about 4 inches off the water at rest, borderline dangerous
    LOL yea we were just at the docking lights. Unfortunatly we took some rollers............