Default Off to a flying STOP

Hi. Today we had perfect weather north of Toronto, so my family and my friends family drove the 45 minutes to the marina to ski, wakeboard and tube behind my 2007 Outback with 30 hours and his 2007 Outback V with 5 hours.

My boat: Perfect, what a great day for slalom.

His boat: agony. After a bout an hour of gentle use because he's still breaking it in, he decides to do a little wakeboarding. Suddenly, the throttle stops working. He can start the boat, but no matter where you put the throttle lever it just goes into gear and stays at idle speed.

Any idea what this could be. He told me that it happened a few times but only for short periouds. Today, the boat worked for an hour and then nothing. I made sure Perfect Pass was off. We tried revving the engine in neutral, but nothing worked.

Any suggestions? The dealer is two hours away and closed today. I think they should send someone down here to fix it. I don't think its reasonable to expect my friend to take a day of work to trailer a brand new boat back for a repair.

Needless to say, he was extremely frustrated.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

never mind
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

gottta be throttle linkage in my pea brain... lift the hood and try a manual rev, if she tachs up with that check cable hook up on both ends (engine side & control box)