Default Please help with bimini installation

My friend and I each have to install bimini's on our new boats. Mine is a 2007 Outback and his is a 2007 Outback V.

The instructions went missing and my dealer is trying to locate some to send me. Maybe the board can help.

Can someone send me or post some pictures of the bimini attached to the Rad-A-Cage tower, especially close-ups of where it attaches.

I took the bimini up to the boat today and it was not at all obvious how to install it. I bought a rivet gun for the job. There are no holes in the tower, so I'm not really sure where to attach things.

Thanks in advance....

Laz
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Laz - Weather permitting, tomorrow I will be at the lake. Pictures are no problem, now that I have figured out how to size and post them on this BB. If I get pics, I'll put them up for you tomorrow night, but not until pretty late. I have an '07 Outback w/ rad-a-cage tower and bimini installed by the factory or dealer. Hope to be able to help you and your buddy. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Fantastic. Thanks.
    2007 Moomba Outback

Laz - The two brackets of the bimini frame are affixed to the lower bar on each side of the tower. Looks like you want to locate the brackets toward the stern. There are metal loops to which you clip each of the four straps that keep the bimini open. Two of the metal loops also mount to the lower bar on each side of the tower. The other two metal loops mount to the fiberglass deck. See the pics below. Hope you can get the bimins mounted and put to use. You'll really appreciate 'em! - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-08-2008 at 11:02 PM.
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Four more pics. Did not open the bimini, much less go out on the boat. Rain and kids studying for finals.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

Default Thanks!

Those pictures are extremely helpful.

Looks like I have to drill holes in the tower and gelcoat.

Laz
    2007 Moomba Outback

Default Thanks

Hi Deerfield,

I printed out your pictures and used them to install the bimini and had no trouble.

Thanks!!!

Laz
    2007 Moomba Outback

Laz - Very glad to know that you got your bimini installed and the pics helped. You're really gonna' appreciate the mid day shade from the blazing sun. Best regards - Deerfield
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart