Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Getting sick of the wind

Every weekend my family and I plan a nice day at the Lake. The baot is packed and gased up. We drive about 45 min to the lake. We get there and the wind is blowing. Maybe I need to trade my boat in for a Boston Whaler. JK I love my boat I just hate the wind here. I should know better. If it is breezy at my house then it means that it is crazy on the Lake. Well back in the garage it goes. I guess we will try again next week.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tell me about it Tazz. I live in the SF Bay Area, and it seems like we've had a delta breeze for about a month. I tried to go out 2 weeks ago, but there was so much wind there were white caps on the lake. Not fun! Tomorrow's supposed to be a little better though, so I'm gonna give it a shot.
    2007 Outback

We have the same thing here in Texas. for the last two weeks we went out but it was only good for tubing. and today we had gusts to 30mph, did not even bother trying. Tazz, here is a website I use to watch the wind forcast, it may save you a trip to dissapointment.

http://www.sailflow.com/windandwhere...cted_model_id=

-Mcmoomba

Cali's central valley has been steady 15+ with gusts to 35mph for two weeks now! I'm buying a sail!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Hey Tazz
    I feel your pain, I live to the south east of you in Az. It has been blowing like crazy here for what seems like forever. Heck it hasn't reached 115 yet and we are almost in the middle of June. I don't dare go to lake when windy because wife hates to trailer boat when breezy, she gets a little nervous. I told her as soon as she learns to back in trailer I will be more than happy to trailer boat.I really can't complain about weather though.Got to take my 9 year old golfing today, I have not played in a while, shot 3 over 74 from tips, he shot 90 from whites. Can't buy break from wind though, Hardly any time for lake anymore with travel baseball and me being assistant coach,almost ready to sell LSV cause I don't use anymore lol.
    Philip S. Martell
    Surfer Dude

Here I thing it was just that dependable ND wind! It has been very windy all spring. I have had the boat out 3 times where I would normally have been out at least 10 -15 times by now.

Yeah, between high gas, the river running a little on the low side, and this friggen wind (20mph today) kite boarding is starting to look like a good option!
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Sled491 Guest

Heck 2 days ags a Tornado touched down 2 minutes from where I lived, and the wife was driving around when the warning horns went off, she and the kids were buy a hospital and ran in with a bunch of other people and stayed in the basement for about 15 minutes.

Today on the lake 20 - 30 mph winds, try getting your boat back on the lift with side winds like that. tubing only. Dropeed the wife off at the parking lot for our association and headed back for an extra hour with the kids. Guess what, another Tornado came ripping through, just minutes after I put the boat away and got off the lake.

Obviously this is a country wide conspericy

Same crap in IL. Tomorrow is supposed to be 20+ but I think we're going anyway :P

I have my eye on the weather. It is supposed to be 100 degrees in Las Vegas and about 105 to 110 degrees on the water. So Far no wind in the forcast. That could change. We are going to give it a try again. I see by reading this thread that I am not the only one with this problem.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

We're having the same wind issues here in AR as well. Went out yesterday and found one smooth spot to board. The only problem with it was all the tubers wanted the same spot. They can't get past the idea that they can tube on ruff water. They see my boat coming and it's like jet skis, big wake to pull the tubes over.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red