Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much do you pay for gas on the water?

Since yesterday was the first time I had to buy gas on the water, I figured I'd compare.

In Waterford, MI its $5.39 / gallon.

I'm realizing the Outback has a weird tank, and terribly inaccurate fuel gauge. At idle the gauge showed 'E', however when I went to fuel it up it took only 18 gallons, telling me that there was still 10 gallons left in the 28 gallon tank, lol. Oh well, I'd rather have too much gas than not enough, and $100 to fill it up is much better than $150, hehe.

OUCH!!!!! $5.39 gallon. Next weekend, I am going to check the price on the water. When I go camping, I pull the boat out and fill up at a local gas station. It is usually from $1.00 to a $1.20 cheaper.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I never buy on the water.. no need.. but before yesterday's $11/bbl price gauge, it was $3.99 for Mid grade around here..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Angry Middle Tennessee

Last weekend it was 4.36 on the water and 3.79 on land.

It is now 3.97 on land so I assume it will be above 4.50 on the water this weekend.
    It is better barefoot!

We had been doing that, but my tow-vehicle got traded in, and the new one doesn't have a hitch yet. I tried the multiple gas can to the marina trick, but after hauling 7 gas cans around I decided I'd rather pay ~$30 more then go through the inconveniance.

Gas on land around here is ~$4/gal for the cheap stuff.

It blows me away that some of you guys are paying less or the same on water that we are paying on land, I wonder why different regions see such different fuel costs. I'm guessing the gas station owners up here are just making larger margins, lol.

part of it could be the difference in your state's gas tax. Doesn't Michigan have a pretty high gas tax to fund road work?

Here in Northern California it's $4.45 for Chevron and $5.79 on the water.
    2007 Outback

Don't buy on the water, ever. Just filled up this morning in anticipation of rising costs and it was 4.59 for mid grade!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

My boat is on my lift on an Island, no gas on the lake, so 5 gal jugs it is. But if I put a 5ver in every time I go over I usually never have a problem.