Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Perfect Pass Problem

So I'm loving the LSV, but I was crushed last night after the perfect pass is all jacked up with only 14 hours on the boat. Sunday night, it was working just fine, but when I started it up on Monday night, the screen was black (fully pixelated). The on/off switch would respond, but wouldn't make a difference or make it engage - seemed like it was internally resetting something, but it would go back to the black screen.

I give props to Jeff from Club Royale for starting to look into it first thing this morning as well as answering my call at 7pm last night. Nonetheless, wakeboarding was difficult last night trying to keep a steady speed. I guess I've been spoiled the past few years.

Has anybody else experienced this with perfect pass? My guess and luck is that it is no easy or quick fix.

forgot to mention - and i don't know if it makes a difference or not, but i have the wakeboard pro version of perfect pass

I just recently installed PP (stargazer) and I get the black screen every 3rd or 4th time I start the boat. They are sending me a part that goes between the servo and the control module...supposedly that will fix it.

I have been having the same problem, but my PP will work if I restart the boat. PP is sending me a part to resolve the problem as well. I recommend giving them a call.

(902) 468-2150

thanks fellas for the quick replies. i forwarded the link of this thread to my service guy.

Sled491 Guest

there is another thread out there, I think "Pissed at SC" that is along these lines. My PP gets a black screen sometimes also, but turning the boat off and on solves the problem. Still way too many people out there with the same problem!

I had the same problem with my 2008 but it also had more issues. One of the other problems is it would not hold the speed. The system was on but PP would not hold the speed. Another issue was PP would kill all power to the engine. When I took it into my dealership they had never heard of these issues before. The computer was replaced and I have not had any problems yet. In a kind of sick way I am kind of happy other people have had the same issue and it is just not me.

This make me wonder. Do I want to sell out a grand for the unit. Pay a few Hundred to have it installed, turn on the boat have have nothing but problems with it. I have read great things about the unit, on there web sight. You come here to our websight and everybody is unhappy. I am going to send them an email and explain my concerns. I still want the unit. I thing I might waint until the bugs are worked out.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Sled491 Guest

Tazz, it's not like PP is new, heck they had perfect pass back when I was in college. Just might be some current issue or clitch. Like was mentioned before maybe they have gone over seas for manufacturing and quality is a bit behind expectaitions. Not sure but PP is still worth the money.

Hey I was on there websight and found this.

http://www.perfectpass.com/download/...Moomba2007.pdf
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!