Default ballast issues!!!!!!

hello all,

I have bein trying to figure out the ballast system on my boat for a while now, and starting to get frusterated. What I thought was a burnt out pump, is likely not the case. Here is the situation. my left ballast tank in my v-drive is no longer emptying, i have the gravity 3 system in my 2003 lsv boat. I found the cause to be a burnt fuse. If i replace the fuse, it will empty the tank for a few seconds, and then the fuse will blow again. I took out the solenoid that leads to that particular pump, and im told that there is a crack in the solenoid near the electrical supply, it was thought possible that this was the cause, I was also under the impression that this solenoid valve was the evac pump, i now know its not. any ideas on what the problem could be? I'm starting to get very frusterated with this whole situation, my local dealership is less than helpful with this as well.

Have you replaced the evac pump itself? The motor could have an internal short and is blowing the fuse after a few seconds use. These pumps are relatively cheap and easy to install. If you use them as much as I have, this will not be the last one that you replace. I pulled mine out and replaced them with the updated cartridge style so I can just replace the motor and leave all of the plumbing in place. Call me if this does not make sense or you just want some more ideas. I did this in my 02 LSV on all three bags....

(205) 5 4 1- 4 1 8 3
    Jesse
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

thanks a ton jesse ill take a look sunday and try and find that evac pump and get this issue fixed.