Hybrid View

Default XLV ballast setup for surfing

I have the stock ballast for my 2005 XLV. I believe the rear bags are 400lbs. I'm thinking about putting larger bags in because they just don't seem like enough. Has anyone does this or can anyone recommend a good size and place to get them?

Thanks!

Talk to Larry Mann over at FAE or Trick Boardz 512.647.7321
    Good guy and he carries the Fly High sacks. I put 750 pounders in each rear compartment. They hooked right up to my existing factory plumbing quick disconnects.

Thanks for the contact. Just ordered my 2 new 750lbs sacs!

Is anyone interested in my stock XLV 400lbs fly high sacs? Please make an offer!

I did the same thing recently. Now I'm considering plumbing the 400lb stock bags in for more weight :P

My only real issue is the 750s are big enough that the hoses don't quite reach if I fill them all the way. I've had one pull out and start filling the boat with water. Next step is moving the pump plumbing to help the hose reach better (I want to do it anyway to make the pump hardware fit better).

Didn't think about them not fitting! I'm guessing the problem is with the top connection being too short? I still don't have my new bags in but i'll figure it out once they come in. thanks for the heads up.

i switched out my 400's for 750's and extended the ballast fill line because it was too short. The drain line is fine ... see pics below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tlatoani View Post
    I did the same thing recently. Now I'm considering plumbing the 400lb stock bags in for more weight :P

My only real issue is the 750s are big enough that the hoses don't quite reach if I fill them all the way. I've had one pull out and start filling the boat with water. Next step is moving the pump plumbing to help the hose reach better (I want to do it anyway to make the pump hardware fit better).
    I also "plumbed in" one of my extra 400's in the starboard side storage, Ghetto Home Depot Style... it works great for surfin goofy side... (the pics dont have the bags in, but I put the 750 in the rear compartment and the 400 in the storage behind the driver) ... I am also thinking about plumbing in the extra 400 on the port side and stuffing it behind the cooler... damn you moomba! why did you put the cooler on that side pics attached
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default XLV set up help

I have an 04 XLV and trying to learn to wake surf. I have the stock 900# sack in the middle and just added 750's in the back. I also used the stock 250's (I think that is the size) one stacked on the 750 and one on the cooler (same side) and still could not let go of the rope. We had the wake plate all over the place trying to get the wave correct. I have only been out one time with this set up and had only my wife and daughter on the boat at the time. Do I need more ballast or am I not setting it up correct?