Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Ian, My boat is on the lift and if I could, I would ski every day as well, but seeing as we just got like 9 inches of rain in like 15 hrs and every freakin' dam in WI is about to burst we won't be skiing for a while. The water is getting so high that I'm afriad my boat will float off of the lift soon. The only thing that will keep if from floating away is the windshield won't clear the Canopy frame!

Oh yeah and more sever thunder storms tonight!!

On the picture thing, I'm slow, step by step if you don't mind

If you quote this post you'll see what I mean, and you can even copy/paste the code for teh above picture.

Here is a thread I made with step by step instructions;
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....7624#post37624

Sled,

That sucks, our water is high but not that high. WOW...

Can your lift go any higher?

I went ou last night first ski of the year, was calm and nice, my new Obriens syncho skied great at 32 mph. A little squirly in the straights, may have the bindings too far back.but tracked great with hard cuts.

The roos will look great once you get to the boat, hope it eases up soon.

Ian, got any new pics of the lip boating racks and how do you like them? I am down to buying any extra XTP board moomba factory rack (one set ) or a lip rack to (widen for my ski and knee board)
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5618

I finally got the wakeboard and ski racks installed this weekend, they look/work great!

Outside the boat view;

Inside the boat view, locked position;

Inside the boat view, rotated in;

I don't have any pics of the ski rack installed, I just got the standard mount on that (no swivel) but its also very nice. If I go out there tonight I'll snap some pics of it.

http://www.lipboating.com/
    http://stores.ebay.com/lipboating_W0...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

The swivel is really nice, doesn't seem to rattle or anything, and I really like the quick release, which allows me to take the racks off the boat when its docked, and litterally takes 3 seconds. For the price you can't beat 'em!

Sled, do you at least have a rope tied from the boat to shore just in case, i watched a pontoon go down that temporary "river" on the news , it had its snap on cover and motor was tilted up--im sure it just floated off its lift.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Thanks for the concern guys, and thanks Ian for the link. I took my boat off the lift last night and put it on the trailer for now. Water was so high I almost couldn't get it out from under the canopy frame. In fact it was soo high I floated the boat off forward! To load on the trailer, again with the ridiculous water Renee drove the boat over the trailer, then I pulled forward slowly and the boat settled right down on the trialer perfectly. It was crazy.

JV, I could raise the legs of the lift, but wouldn't do me much good as my piers are almost a foot and a half under water so I had to remove all the panels so they wouldn't float away. I'd have to swim to the lift to get my boat. Besides all lakes are slow no wake right now.

One of my neighbours dropped buy, and later I stopped at another neighbours place where there was a gathering of fellow islanders. We all figure it will be at least July before we can ski on our lake. In fact we are to get more rain SUnday and Monday! If this doesn't stop soon our summer might be wiped out.

I saw guys fishing from there ski boats last night, just to be out. I guess I'll go diving today.

Sled - Drove through the Chain o Lakes last night. Water level is so high its moved into the parking lots.

With respect to other conditions, the ski shows on Lake Mary and Lake Delton are shut down. Lake Mary is a "no wake zone" due to the high water level. Lake Delton no longer exists. Unable to contain the water pressure, retaining wall burst and the lake emptied like a bathtub. Ski jumps now sit on the lake bed.

Check out the YouTube video of Lake Delton emptying out and taking houses with it. Freeky. - Deerfield
    Last edited by deerfield; 06-14-2008 at 12:02 PM.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

Deerfield, We won't be skiing again until the 4th I bet. Hows your lake?

sled
    you are very lucky. I am on the Lower Fox down here and with the dams open full tilt they are saying roughly monday for the river to crest. If the dam up your way in New munster goes as they think the devastation to the Chain and surrounding areas will be unbelieveable.
    Unfortunately my LS got stuck when they closed the lower river. I dont have a canopy and I
    am just starting to float slightly off the bunks. I have 2 main lines to shore and 5 anchors out
    to keep it in place. I wake up in the middle of the night and go out back to check it.My bubby has an airdock and I think its going to be a problem soon as it wants to float over his dock.I was checking our local launches about 1/2 a mile away and they are pretty useless and the amout of debris flying down the waterway really sucks. nothing like seeing trees blasting down the river I still not sure about risking a pull out with the current,debris and launches looking so bad. I am thinking we may not be back on the water at this rate until mid or late July at the earliest or later god forbid that dam goes. Good Luck

Chris
    CS

Sled491 Guest

Chris, that is just awful. I tell you that everynight I would wake up 3 or 4 times thinking about my boat. I would leave my home at 5 in the morning to drive out and check it and again after work and I would stay until 9 or 10 at night. Finally with the call for rain again for this weekend I could't take it any more and pulled her out. I finally got some sleep last night even though it rained again.

Chris I'm not sure how far apart we are, but I have a huge Dodge Diesel and no fear of driving it in the water. My wife and I would gladly come down and help out a fellow Moomba owner, there has to be a way!

Ian sorry for the brief hijack of the thread great looking boat.

Sled thanks for the offer my neighbor with the bobbing airdock has a couple of
    giant work trucks so I am covered . I am lucky as I can look out the back door and
    see it as I am on the water but that has me worried as they are saying at least another
    foot or so to crest sometime the middle of the coming week. If it comes up another foot or
    so I am more worried about the folks across the river and down river as I still have another 5 -6 feet up but the way the rain and water keeps going its hard to tell. As much as I would like to pull it out I am more afraid of the current floating and jack knifeing the trailer or the possiblity of something going wrong at the launch or the trip there. As much as I love my boat somedays way more than my teenagers it can be replaced (LSV I can say it my LS cant hear me or see me type this) but people cant. Again thanks

Chris
    CS