Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default My (long awaited!) 2008 Outback (new updates 9/11/08)...

This is the first view we had of it at the dealer on Saturday morning;

This is when we first saw it in the water, Jeff from Club Royale pulling it back in from the water test;

Leaving the dealers Elizabeth Lake marina;
    Last edited by ian ashton; 09-11-2008 at 05:00 PM.

In the water, with all of the decals removed;

(Water was very choppy, and very cold!)

All buttoned up in her new home;

I'm really glad that we opted for the snap on cover, its really nice. I've found that its nice to keep the bow cover on when there are just 2 or 3 of us on the boat, it keeps things dry up there.

Overall I'm so incredibly pleased with this boat; there isn't 1 thing that I'd want differently. We got about 8 hours on the boat over the weekend, and with about 6 decided to try boarding/skiing. I did 2 runs (mind you the water was about 55 degrees, and I only had a shorty wetsuit!) before I gave up, I need to dial in my new board, every time I tried to cut in I'd slam down hard on my face, which is not fun. I also had the ballast full, which I think made the wake too big for my beginner skill. Dad did a few slalom runs and was waaaay better than expected (he hasn't skied in 10+ years!) Lastly Jess hopped in the water on my board, as we forgot hers at home. She has never been on a wakeboard, but she DOMINATED IT! First pull was a bit too aggressive and we yanked the handle out of her hands. Second pull she popped right up and rode for quite a while. I think she did 5 or 6 runs overall and was AWESOME! For her we had the ballast empty, and she had NO WETSUIT! Just a bikini and a life jacket, lol!!! I’m definitely happy that I ordered the heater!
    Last edited by ian ashton; 05-27-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Ian - Very nice boat! Congratulations. The blue on blue turned out nice. Yes, the heater is a great thing. Hey, looks like a line hanging from the bow in the pic of you backing the boat. Better keep a knife and goggles handy. Nice slip, too. Are you planning on a lift? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

why did you take off the decals
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Ian - Very nice boat! Congratulations. The blue on blue turned out nice. Yes, the heater is a great thing. Hey, looks like a line hanging from the bow in the pic of you backing the boat. Better keep a knife and goggles handy. Nice slip, too. Are you planning on a lift? - Deerfield
    The line is actually the anchor line, that's my dad just sitting in the drivers seat We are definately putting a tool box togather though, just in case!

I'd love to get a lift, however the marina does not allow them

ian - supersweet... glad to see you finally got the boat... my skepticism of your colour choice faded once i saw it on the water... really turned out nice... congrats!

also, i like how you've strapped your one bumper to the tower ... i definitely think MOOMBA should have another cleat about halfway down the boat, because the front and rear cleats are too far apart to protect from dangerous docksides... had this experience the other day, and had to do exactly what you did... seems to work for now, but im really considering asking the dealer to mount two more cleats in a better position!

Ryan
    Last edited by Odie; 05-27-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    08 Outback

I love how the colors turned out! Great looking boat.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    why did you take off the decals
    I just like the way it looks without the decals. I've got a couple of black 'Roos' that I'm going to put on the side glass. I left the 'Moomba' on the back of the boat.

Thanks for all the compliments! I took it out last night for a sunset cruise with Jess, here are a couple of pics;

Jess's first time driving a boat:

I installed the LED Light Bars in the sideboards (notice my custom speaker locations )

Thank god for the heater!!!

Jess's first time wakeboarding;