Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Close up that laptop and go have some fun!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Waiting for kids rash guards to dry in dryer, and wife wants me to get her a Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Dude, 2 words, "Dry Suit".

I'll be thinking about you guys up North while at Disney in 80 degree weather. PS the cable park in Orlando is having a big tournament/exhibit next weekend.
    I'm not a big fan of dry suits. When I rode last fall we had water temps of low 50's, so I'm not too far off from that, and the air temp is much higher. My hope is to go for a dock start, and drop at the beach, lol.

We were just down in Orlando 2 weeks ago, I took a few lessons at Otwon Watersports which was AWESOME. We were there for the weekend of the Windermere Wake Fest, which had just about every pro I could think of, it was a graet weekend.
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Why don't you like dry suits? Even the hard core scuba guys I know are all switching to dry suits, and trust me with scuba it's a 2k investment not a 300 dollar investment. I got one for skiing, way easier to put on and you come out just as dry and warm as you went in.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I'm not a big fan of dry suits.

Ian - I hear, ya. If I'm skiing, I gotta get wet. That's why they call it water skiing. Wearing a dry suit somehow seems like an altered state. 'Course maybe I'd change my mind if I tried one. In any case, my Outback's got a heater to warm me up. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I installed a second Kicker L7 subwoofer under the drivers side dash, here is a picture of it;

I'm not really sure how I feel about the non-matching carpet; on one hand I don't like it because it doesn't match. On the other hand I do like it because it will never look dirty, and its in a 'high traffic' area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Sled491 Guest

Hey how did you fit that in there with the heater ven tright there?

I unscrewed the heater vent and plan to move it to the side. I just have to stop by Lowes or Home Depot to pick up some tube, as the factory stuff is cut to fit and a touch too short. Right now its just sitting behind.
    2013 Outback V

I added a 'dome light' to my tower yesterday. I didn't stay out late enough to get an illuminated pic, but this is the same LED that I was playing with for underwater (which I did get a change to test, and its suprisingly bright even in the merky water.)

Here are some pics of what I did.

Before:

After:

Basically I just tapped into the anchor light. I am going to install a small waterproof switch so I can control the lights independantly from the top of the tower. Once I get the switch in I'll tuck or do something different with the wires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V