Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where do you buy the gator gip
    moomba outback ls 2004

Default Gator Grip Rocks!

I had the same problem and used Gator Grip, I have received several compliments and have not had any problems in the last three years. Here is a site I found where you can choose the colors.

http://www.noslipgatorgrip.com/servl...ets/Categories

You might be able to find it cheaper somewhere else. I used some of the leftover material to replace old trim on the inside of the boat. Very easy to work with (scissors). Just make sure you measure twice and remove any air bubbles. Have fun.

Yes. You can see his site at airjunky.com; email him at [email protected]; call him at 206-200-6226 or fax to 509-210-0325.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I've got the gator grip ordered, and work will be done by mid-June. Tired of having people wonder why their suits and board shorts are always black on my boat.

So it looks like it is just peel and stick once you get the old stuff off?
    It is better barefoot!

If you make sure you order it that way, yes, it is peel and stick. You will have to get a big enough sheet and cut to fit. There's a little waste from the sizes these sellers sell but there are many other uses for the cutoffs, i.e., trailer, padding, etc.

I've seen somewhere between 25 and 50 posts on boards all over the place that swear by the stuff. I have yet to see a single post from someone who has regrets about going with the stuff. I'll try to post pics this weekend of my own homemade efforts done about 2 months ago. Still holding fast and looking good.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

FYI: I just went out to the garage cuz I couldn't remember the name of the stuff I used to get the glue off. I recall that the original sheeting stuff came off in close to one piece after some taffy pulling for about 20 min. Then I used the stuff called "Goof Off" from Home Depot (under $4). I took an old shirt and this stuff applied pretty liberally in a well ventilated area for about 10 min. to get all the glue residue off. I washed the whole platform and then measured and cut the new padding. Once it was fit I marked the center and lined it up and then pulled the backing away and spread it out one side and then the other. It came out real nice. I'll try to post a pic this w/e.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!