Default Another bad first day out!!

Well to start it off my battery was dead. That was no big deal. I went up to the cabin,,got the charger and got the ole outback V cranked. Well,,I pulled from the dock idled out from the shallows,,hammered down and it went no were. My perfect pass will not come on it just beeps really loud. I can reach back in the motor comp. and manually give it gas and it would yake off like a banshee. But when I go back to the throttle knob and e pergive it all she has she wont go over like 5-10 mphs. Does the perfect pass not turning on have something to do with my boat getting to throttle? Needless to say,,my 7 month old son's first day out on the boat was not a very good experience.

Sled491 Guest

What yr is your V, anthing older than an 07 I'd say there should be no connection, as it wasn't until 07 that the Moombas went to the drive by wire.

its an 06 outback v

Sled491 Guest

Maybe someting short circuited when you jumped the battery?

Sorry to hear of your bad day. Something very similar happened to me when the dealer took me out for the on water test before I took the boat home. It turned out to be the wiring harness to the PP module on the engine (the one that is clamped to a hose on the back of the engine). The dealer didn't know it at the time so he sat in the rear ski locker and worked the throttle manually. When we got back to the shop, the service guys immediately saw that the wire connectors had become disconnected.

Hope it is something that simple.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Yep, check all of the PP connections-both on the control module and the other ends.

My 02 does the same thing when the battery is extremely low on power. Perfect Pass controls the throttle even when it is off! When PP is on it holds a constant speed, when it is off it acts as your throttle control. When my power drops really low from letting the boat sit, the only way to contol the throttle is from the carb itself. Charge your battery all the way up and see if the problem continues.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I charged both batteries so they are fully charged. Still all I get is a loud constant beep. I do not know what else to do.

Contact Perfect Pass. I've seen a lot of positive feedback for Perfect Pass cutomer service on the Wakeworld site.