Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Georgia Jamboree Registration

Here it is.......the registration form for the upcoming Georgia Jamboree on July 12, 2008.

www.GeorgiaJam.com

Make sure that you tell everyone. I found a lot of people on the lake this past weekend that weren't members of either forum so we have to get the word out.

Cool! All signed up and very excited. Wish it was this weekend. Our holiday plans fell through so we are just hanging out and taking it very easy. Maybe do some family only days on the water. Get the kids some good riding time.

Nice job on this Buggy! Looking forward to meeting you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Pat
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comment Pat. Appreciation should also go to Natalie Carrera with Skier's Choice and Tim White with Atlanta Marine for their work putting this together.

Look forward to seeing you.

Wink

We bought our boat from Atlanta Marine and they are fantastic people! Lisa the owner is Great she pulled a demo boat to the ramp in her own SUV and waited an hour while we test drove an Outback V. Tim was fantastic, he was always totally straight with us, no BS and told us about the Boat Show discounts. Great People!!! I just wish it wasn't on Lanier. Have you guys seen hundreds of over 30 ft yauhts before????? Hopefully they will find a good cove!!!! Well that is if Lanier has any water in it!!!! I wish everyone a great time and maybe we will see you at the Tampa event. Ah one more hint, if you are going up on a weekend drive through Atlanta, it is much quicker than going around. Just my 40+ years of living there experience.

Z- I was going to take a half day on Fri the 11th and leave from Tallahassee around noon. I'd be hitting the Atlanta area close to 4 on Fri. afternoon. Can I even get through there or should I just take the whole day off and hit it closer to noon?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Wow! I would not want to be getting anywhere near Atlanta at 4:00PM. You will not have trouble going throught the south side because everyone will be leaving town going south, but once you start up I-85 downtown to hit GA400 or I-985 you are going to be doing move a foot, wait 3 minutes, move a foot wait agian. Leave as early as you can and try to be there before 2:30 and you should be OK.

I think that GDOT is repaving the downtown connector (I75/I85) during the weekends for the next few months. They usually close 2-3 lanes at a time on either Northbound or Southbound side. Traffic on the weekends lately through Atlanta has been pretty bad.

tlrowe,

Now you know one of the reasons I left my hometown (Atlanta) and moved to Panama City Florida. They think that 15 cars stopped at a light is a traffic jam here. That and the fact that I was in my car for over 3 hours everyday. My kids didn't know who I was since I was never home. I guess then going on I285 east to I-985 would be the best bet!

I don't blame you Z. I'm actually in the process of getting out of here myself.

Yes, I think that 285E to 85N to 985 would probably be your best bet. Depending on what time you come through, and assuming there are no wrecks, the worst traffic would probably be on 85. There are big construction sites at the 85/316 split and at the 85/985 split. I think that the one at 985 is almost complete, but the one at 316 is still being heavily worked. If they've got a lane closed, all bets are off.

Settled. Take the whole day off and leave at 8 am to hit the ATL area around noon. Thanks, guys!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!