Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They are brass fittings that goes into the block and a wrench will open up the far end and the opening is rather large where it will drain the block fast. It would have to be a big blockage to clog one of these. The picture was an Ebay post but they should be available at most marinas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brass...ayphotohosting
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once in Atlanta many years ago I didn't drain the old 351 Windsor in the MasterCraft and it pushed out the brass freeze plugs. Not sure what material these blocks use for freeze plugs??? Luckily I was able to put some new ones back in myself.
    Bob, we have used the light bulb trick here but again we live in Florida, I think it gets so cold up there that 100 to 150 watts may not be enough.

Sled491 Guest

I self winterize as well and stories like this scare the hell out of me. Luckily we made out this winter with no problems.

Bergermaister, don't ya just love the sound of those glass packs in the morning?

Love the rumble of a V8 first thing in the morning (or anytime really!).

Went out on the water for a few hours last night. About 90 degrees outside but way too much wind to have any fun. Of course around 8:30PM when we announce we're going to head in it calms right down....

But I'm getting off topic.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Ain't that just about how it always goes.....go to head back in and out comes the glass!
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!