Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wakeboard Boots????

Moving up from my entry level boots, looking for opinions:

I have a 138cm Liquid Force board I have been looking at the Hyperlite 3DS and Murray Bindings. Since I am a novice I am about to ask a really stupid question!!

These Hyperlite bindings connect differently than my current bindings, will these work on my board?

I hear and read that closed tow is the way to go.... thoughts??

How about the hinge technology, I tried on a set in a store the other day and that just felt uncomfortable.
    It is better barefoot!

I've got the hinge tech on my board and find them very comfortable. But that's just me. I can get in them and out of them rather quicky too.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

I ride with closed boots now and I like them way better then open toed. They are more comfortable and your more secure in them.

A lot of it is based on personal preference, I ride Zeus hinge open toe. The closed toe I find to be confining and unnecessary. I've ridden a ronix closed toe binding and it was just not my style. The hinge I like because it sucks your foot in and really locks my heel into place. I've tried a handful of bindings but haven't found anything that’s given me more support than The Zeus (03-07).

I have had several LF open toe bindings with no issues. I got 07 Murray closed toe this spring.. yesterday was second ride.. They are growing on me.. They fit real tight at first but are settling in.. have tons of support, and closed toe gives you a little more edge control..
    Only complaint I have seen on Hinge was some guy on wakeworld crashed and the hinge hit him in the rear end pretty hard...

Guys I ride with keep buying 06 Murrays in internet pretty cheap.. they are closed toe and they really like them.. They use them on Roams, Murray Board and others. Seem to be a lasting design and there is inventory out there!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

BAMAS
    I have learned that bindings are the most important equipment you can have, so make sure you try on and ride as many pairs as possible. Hinge bindings make me nervous because if they come undone its a quick way to hurt your ankle. Just make sure you find a binding with plenty of support. I use 07 lf shanes, Transits and sphynx. All are better than my older LF Elements that had little support. Supportive bindings lead to better board control.
    As for how the bindings attach to the board, the spacing is all the same so all boards work with all bindings. How they attach is just a company’s preference. I have ripped hyperlite bindings and LF bindings off boards so I don’t think any type of connection is better than any other.

Hope this has helped.

i started riding closed toes last season. i have the 2006 version of the hyperlite 3ds'. i love them. huge upgrade from obrien argons. they are very easy on and easy off - no lube needed. the only thing i don't like about them is that if you crash hard enough and they get ripped off, it is a little hard on the back of your foot. i don't know if they'll fit a l.f. board - but i imagine if the hole distance is the same, they should fit. they fit my o'brien natural just fine.

i also bought a pair of closed toe 2007 l.f. shane's in the off season, but i haven't ridden them yet - review to come. they look sweet tho.

I got the CWB hinge tech bindings, they are very comfortable able, but the problem is I am between the 2 sizes.. so the size below was far too tight and mine are starting to feel to loose now as they break in... So i dunno if I would get them again... probably going to look at a closed toe binding from Ronix next time, I have tried them on in the store and they are very comfortable..
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Default Boots

So a friend had the Murray closed toe boots, I liked the way the fit, so I ordered them today. Should be here in time for the weekend ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is better barefoot!

I would love to demo the Ronix Cell's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]