Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dropped my boat off at the stereo shop yesterday

I cant wait she should be done by friday. Here is what I went with.....Two JL 7.7's on the tower (will probably get another set this year) these are the same ones that MC uses, Alumapro Bandpass Sub (This thing pounds) two Clarion APX490M's, Clarion EQ, and a dual battery with a Voltage Sensitive Relay

Pics to come

SanMarzano--
    Let me know how you like the JL speakers. I know they come in white only. I had called them last week, after browsing their website, and found the new syle for 08'. They are black with a different grill. They said that it should be available May 19th.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Tazz

If your not going HCLD (wetsounds NVS etc) the JL 7.7's are the best. IMO they are cleaner sounding because of the extra mid bass you get. My buddy has four on his MC and they are amazing sounding. They are a little on the big size being that they are a 7.7" cone but thats why they sound so great. My boat is all white so they match LOL

The only thing I have left to do is replacing the stock kenwood speakers in the boat. Im not sure if they are going to sound good plus they max at 45W I put in a powerful amp for the interior speakers so I need to find replacements quick. Either thinking Polks or Bullets.... I wish I could find a deal on the Polks..............

I got polk momos for something like 275 for 3 pair (shipped) on ebay. Just make sure you checkout the seller first. It saves on shipping to buy multiple items at the same time generally. You may find em cheaper-good luck!

I pulled my stock speakers out and they weren't even kenwoods. I was surprised.

San
    Try Crutchfiels. They had a special buy one at full price and get the other half off. Also try Circuitcity.com. They had the same deal. Or even try ebay. I have the DB seriesin my boat and love them.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I just picked them up at Circuit City on sale for $84.99 buy 1 get 1 half price. To bad I only needed 3 sets. Came out to 74 bucks a pair including tax. Looks like ill be doing some work when she gets back from the shop

I've never seen that half price deal for MOMOs, only db series. I put six momos in my LSV and love 'em. If I do find that deal, I'll change out the speakers in both my trucks also!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Default Db651

I also purchased the db651's yesterday for my 98 outback. They were on sale for $84 and some change and then buy one pair get one half off. Since I have a 98 i only needed 4 speakers, not 6.

Got the boat back- They did a nice clean install Pics to come.... It sound great but I think it needs to be tuned a little better to make it sound perfect. Question---I have two 4 channel amps --1 powers 6 Polk DB651's in the boat and the other powers the sub(bridged) and two cans on the tower. On the 1st amp how would you cross it over? Currently it is set to High Pass at about 115. Would it be better to run the boat speakers at full range? I dont feel like Im getting a lot of mids in the boat. FYI the amps are Clarion APX490M's and a clarion 7 band eq

Thanks

Here are some pics Sorry not the greatest as I was takeing them in the dark

EQ--The Wire is my Ipod wire into the EQ

Sub----As you can see it sit perfectly in the cut out and did not take up any room in the foot well. This thing pounds for its size. I wanted something small and I found it

Amp 1 --On the walk through Wall

Amp 2--on the back of the bow seat

No pics of the tower yet
    Last edited by SanMarzano; 05-18-2008 at 12:56 AM.