Question Kenwood KDC 232MR Iod/sat

Stereo Gurus need some help.

Is there a way to hook up both an ipod and satellite with this unit. I saw only one input in the manual. I know kenwood makes a dual peripheral input unit, but that can get cumbersome. Any Thought would be appreciated.This may be a wish to do both.

I love the (Long )extension cable Idea with the dash mount in one of the older threads.

JV

Darn sp chk IPOD/SAT
    Last edited by jmvotto; 05-14-2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

J
    The Sirius interface that comes from Moomba has an alternate 13 pin input (originally created for disc changer) I have the Sirius unit and run my Ipod through it. On my remote, when you select disc changer, it switches right over! Works Great.

Did you get the Sirius unit with the boat? If not, I can look up the model # tonight for you.

One recomendation... I cheaped out and bought a cheap import cable on ebay to connect to the unit.. crapped out 2 weeks ago. (only used about 4 weekends). Get the Kenwood CA-C1AUX and MAKE SURE they ship you the Kenwood. there are several sellers on ebay who list the part as the kenwood, but in the listing it says "actual product may vary" which means it is cheap junk! this is the one i ordered..put it in this weekend. You'll most likely need this cable regardless of whether or not you use the Sirius unit... I bought a PAC iC-RCA cable to connect Ipod to this cable.... I ran it over to drivers side instead of connecting in glove box so I could control from drivers seat....

Enjoy.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Cool

04Outback

I am looking to buy the Ipod for the kenwood Peripheral PXA05 with all three inputs, ipod, mimi jack 3.5 and rca's so i can charge the ipod as well.

This probably means i can't hook up the sirius to it as well.?

JV

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

was not familiar with that part. There are some interesting parts out there for ipods. The PAC-iC-RCA has 12v connections that power/charge the ipod as well. Looks like the PXA05 is a cheaper option overall if you want the ipod at the glove box. The extensions for the 13pin cables are expensive so I did not want to run any of that. I have RCA cables run from drivers side to stereo connection and have I pod on dash.

Have fun with the new boat.
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Smile

04outback,

with the PAC adaptar, i believe you would need the rca to 13 pin cord as well to get the input into the HU. Your right on the cost of the extension cable (2x 30.00 = 60.00) ouch maybe a new HU Still contemplating the side to which to mount it on Passenger or drivers side.

Anyone have pics of the passenger side Ipod mounts and where to bring the connector through.

Plenty of good ideas on the driver side from previous threads

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold