Default used boat trailers

What do you do with your old boat trailers when you buy a new one? Can you get money for them at the scrap yards? I am probably buying a new trailer this weekend because the painted steel trailer is rusting out. I am getting either galvanized or aluminum. Is it worth the ectra money to get a tandem axle or do I really not need it with just an outback?

That depends on a few questions.

What distances do you tow your boat?
    If you tow 30 minute or more the tandom is the better choice. No more bounce bounce bounce with the tandem trail, won't even know its behind you. Fish tail at high speeds whats that?, I have a tandom trailer.

Where to you park/store the boat in not in use?
    If you have to do tight manevering with the trailer to park it, ie a small driveway with a tight turn to get it into a garage, then the tandem will be a disadvange in this regard.

Are you into the way things look?
    The tandom is a beautiful sight when compared to the single trailer hands down. IMO and I do have them. LOL

Resale value will be higher with a tandom due to all the before mentioned.

If it were me I would buy an aluminum tandom trailer, since you are having to replace one already. They are solid and a good choice. Just take the old trailer to a scrapyard and get some gas money.

Aquaholic
    Last edited by Aquaholic; 05-13-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: cause
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

Used trailers are always in demand if they are still functional. Trailers seem to wear out long before the boat does. You should be able to sell it.