Thread: No Dash Lights

Unhappy No Dash Lights

Took the boat out of storage last week and started prepping her the first trip of the year. When I toggle the NAV lights only the wakeplate gauge lights up, nothing on the dash. Also the oil pressure gauge will peg out to the high side. If I turn the key to the run position the will be a very fast "ticking" coming from the engine compartment. I haven't been able to locate it excactly. I've crawled all over the engine as well as under the dash, as far as I can tell there are no loose wires anywhere and all the fuses are good. I'm assuming it's a ground problem somewhere but not a clue where to start troubleshooting. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Being in WI are season is short enough I cant afford any downtime

Thanks!!

What is the year and model of the boat you have? Carb or EFI? Does the boat start? Are the battery cables hooked up properly (A buddyof mine hooked his up backwards and the lights would work, but nothing else) and tightened. Tried all of the resets on dash. Also sounds like a really low charge on the battery.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

It's an 06 LSV. I charged the battery after I pulled it out of storage. I don't have a fake-a-lake so I couldn't' start it. I've checked all the breakers and resets, all looks normal.

Good call on the low battery Jesse. After connecting a fresh battery everything was normal. Ran her up to operating temp with no issues, going for the shakedown cruise tomorrow.

Thanks Again!!