Thread: water anyone

Default water anyone

Has anyone ever had water get into their v-drive (meant transmission)? Just wondering where i should start looking for where it entered, knowing that I'm going to have to now flush it out somehow.
    Last edited by strike17; 03-08-2010 at 01:50 PM.

You should have an automatic bildge pump in the boat. Or plug the plug at the a$% end of the boat. When and how did you notice this water?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Are you saying there is water in the actual V-Drive itself or water is in the bottom of the hull? If there is water in the V-drive itself, how much water did you notice. I will check the exploded schematic when I get home today if you are refering to water in the V-drive itself. What year is the boat and waht model?
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Sorry, it's a Gravity XLV 2006

I notice the transmission fluid was milky this past weekend. I did notice one of the water fittings for what i'm guessing is the front (middle) "Gravity Ballast System" was not screwed on tight and seemed to be squirting on top of the dip stick for the trans fluid. The color was pretty creamy which doesn't sound to good.

Oh and thanks for the help
    Last edited by strike17; 05-12-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Just in case anyone sees this post again. The problem was water in the transmission which was caused by a leak in the transmission's oil cooler. Just replaced it with a new one from skidim.com and haven't had problems since.

I hope you replaced all the fluid, ran it, then did it again to be sure.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Definitely. It had taken 4 flushes for the transmission to operate with out signs of water. Hooked up a hose adapter to the V-Drives water intake and ran the engine each time. After wards tested out on the water around the lake checking constantly. Still clear of water.

I'm very glad to hear it. Also glad you're vigilant. Lots of guys would have been in for an expensive service appointment.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!