Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Deerfeild,

thanks, I like my setup too First boat(always used a freind or parents), first lift, last year first cottage. We wre alittle hestiatnt to pull the floats oput but we did the transom side first(heavy part with the motor) then did the bow (front side of the lift) sections. Just pull and back out of the way quickly LOL.

I have two ways to do the cover First. normally we do the bow from inside the boat and then work from front to back and exit from the swim platform onto the dock. The other way would be to walk along the port side bunks button her down and then accross the swim platform to the dock. it really pretty simple
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

JV - Good explanation. Thanks. The guy who installed our lift floated it into place on an aluminum rowboat. It was fully assembled w/ canopy frame (no canvas). I was sure he was going to capsize motoring accross the lake from the ramp to the pier. Slow and steady, with no over compensation for wave action, got it there safely. At the slip, he dropped the legs, pulled the boat out from under the lift, and installed the canvas on the canopy. You and I are a couple of newbies (sp?) at this and sure do appreciate the convenience of the lift. This is so much better than trailering! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Cool

Deerfield,
    I would love to see pic of the rowboat lift install. brave but got the job done.

Years ago, 20 or so, my college buddies and I floated my parents newly purchased used steel manual lift, it weighed like 800lbs. we floated it about three miles down and across the lake with a ski rope and 8 blue 55 gallon drums clamped using the rolled galvanized straping. 3 guys on the boat and 2 traveled on the lift, what hoot. cut straps with tin snips drop into place. easy as pie old school stuff.

jv

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled491 Guest

Man you two are missing the easiest way. Buy off season in the winter and drag across the ice with you quad runner. Spot in place and just wait for the ice to melt. Just simple as pie!!

Smile

LOL

Let me know how that works out for you next year.....LOL

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold