Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Our 07 OBV is finaly home

After picking her up yesterday (deck project before and after pickup)we got her in the water today without a hitch, even walked her into the lift without an issue( thanks to the Lift BB gurus)

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

What a great looking boat... and lift!
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Sled491 Guest

Holy Crap that lift is Huge! What is it rated for, and is the lift motor 120 or 12v

Smile

Sled,

the hoist hold up to 4000lbs ( moomba is 3000) the canopy is 25ft so room for expansion up the line of moombas.

I had the choice of 120v or 12v, decide i would run conduit along the dock with a gfi on the end for the 120v.

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That lift is schmancy! ...but then again, I boat in Alabama

how do you clear the tower on the lift. looks like you will hit it going in and out.
    Sorry I cant find the jealousy icon with this new format!

Great looking boat. Enjoy!

Sled491 Guest

JV, see I'm adding a motor to my lift but I think I'm giong to sue 12V so that I can avoid running the conduit that I would have to remove each winter when I pull my docks, and s I need over 100 ft of dock to get to the water I need that's a lot of conduit.

And yes by the way where is the Jealousy Icon, that lift is very nice, way nicerer than mine!

Great looking boat. I love the set up. Same hear with the jealous symbol.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Deerfeild,

thanks, I like my setup too First boat(always used a freind or parents), first lift, last year first cottage. We wre alittle hestiatnt to pull the floats oput but we did the transom side first(heavy part with the motor) then did the bow (front side of the lift) sections. Just pull and back out of the way quickly LOL.

I have two ways to do the cover First. normally we do the bow from inside the boat and then work from front to back and exit from the swim platform onto the dock. The other way would be to walk along the port side bunks button her down and then accross the swim platform to the dock. it really pretty simple

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

JV - Good explanation. Thanks. The guy who installed our lift floated it into place on an aluminum rowboat. It was fully assembled w/ canopy frame (no canvas). I was sure he was going to capsize motoring accross the lake from the ramp to the pier. Slow and steady, with no over compensation for wave action, got it there safely. At the slip, he dropped the legs, pulled the boat out from under the lift, and installed the canvas on the canopy. You and I are a couple of newbies (sp?) at this and sure do appreciate the convenience of the lift. This is so much better than trailering! - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles