Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Before you make a motor choice, one of the things you may want to check is recommended fuel. The 310 carb will run on 89 octane pump. I'm not sure about the 320 but I'm betting the 330 will require premium.

Another thing to think about on the XLV is size. I was talking to the dealer I bought my d-drive mobius from and he said it weighs something like 4200 or 4300 pounds. Add in 1000 to 2000 pounds of ballast plus people and gear and the extra money for premium may be worth the extra horsepower.

By the way, congrats to all you who are getting a new XLV. Awesome boat. I was drooling over the one at the dealership. The tower on that thing looks like you could use it to lift the entire boat. Unfortunately, too much money for me and I'd take a hit on the mobius I bought a few months ago. That and the fact I think I'd need to get a new truck to pull the 5000+ pounds that it weighs with the trailer. But for those of you that can do it, enjoy!

That's a great point lowdrag, I think I will stick with my original thought and go with the TBI. Less complicated to work on and I already went overboard enough on options.

Thanks Again Lowdrag
    BlueMoomba

Shawn,
    I think the 320 TBi will be fine. I have the 310 Carb in my 2001 Mobius and I have never felt the need for more power, even weighted down, with ballast and 9 people in the boat.
    Richard
    2001 Mobius

Orginally posted by lowdrag

Before you make a motor choice, one of the things you may want to check is recommended fuel. The 310 carb will run on 89 octane pump. I'm not sure about the 320 but I'm betting the 330 will require premium.

Another thing to think about on the XLV is size. I was talking to the dealer I bought my d-drive mobius from and he said it weighs something like 4200 or 4300 pounds. Add in 1000 to 2000 pounds of ballast plus people and gear and the extra money for premium may be worth the extra horsepower.

By the way, congrats to all you who are getting a new XLV. Awesome boat. I was drooling over the one at the dealership. The tower on that thing looks like you could use it to lift the entire boat. Unfortunately, too much money for me and I'd take a hit on the mobius I bought a few months ago. That and the fact I think I'd need to get a new truck to pull the 5000+ pounds that it weighs with the trailer. But for those of you that can do it, enjoy!
    I have an 04 Mobius XLV with the 340MPI engine and I don't regret getting it for a minute. There is no mention that it requires anything higher than 89 octane and have not seen any ill effects from running that grade.

I am sure glad that when we got our Expedition about 8 months ago that we got the bigger engine in that. We originally piked out the 4.6 with towing capacity of 5500lbs but decided to go with the 5.4 with a 8900lb towing capacity. Considering this thing ways slightly over 5000lbs on trailer, my last minute decision was a good one.

Some pics of my baby:
    http://schmo.no-ip.org/Pics