Default Kenwood Wired Remotes

Hey folks,

new member here, though not new to Moomba. Had a 2000 OB LS until last weekend when we picked up an 07 LSV (still itching to get it on the water!!!) Went through the water test and everything worked great, however when using it Saturday (and playing w/ all the new toys ), the wired remotes randomly stopped working (both driver side and transom).

I know nothing about the wiring or the head-unit, and haven't had the time yet to really get into the boat and look around (ie check wires, make sure everything is still connected, etc...) but am wondering if there is any immediate thoughts that come to mind or if anyone else has had this issue? The radio and all speakers still function perfectly (as does the amp).

The only thing that happened during the morning was as I was testing the sound, the head unit did a reset. Not sure if it was normal, or if perhaps there is a fuse or something similar that may have tripped / blown? It seemed to be after this that the remotes stopped working.

Any thoughts / comments for a starting point would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Slacker

Sounds like the wire on the back came unplugged.Just my thought.
    John

I would check all the wiring. Or even better, take it back to the dealer. It is a new boat and everything should be in working condition.
    There is probably a loose wire someshere. I would check behind the HU itself. Make sure the connection is good. Mine had a single connector for the wired remotes. In regards to the radio resetting, check the ground, check all the connectors behind the HU. Hope this helps.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thanks folks for the fast responses. Unfortunately, boat is at the cottage. Will check all of the above Saturday and see what the issue is. If unfixable or I'm unable to figure it out on my own w/ a few beers, will return it to the dealer and get them to look at it...

So, 1 of 2 things...

Problem 1: Wired remotes - still no solution here. Took an Amp Meter and checked the connection at the back - has strength. Couldn't easily get to the one on the drivers console however. The dealer mentioned the remotes were in series i..e that if the drivers didn't work, the transom remote wouldn't work. Even after disconnecting, reconnecting, and spending about 20 minutes trying to understand the wires coming into the HU, coudln't get them working.

Problem 2: Resetting... so it turns out the power cable for the kenwood amp was wired RIGHT next to the red cables goign into the secondary battery. as the volume was turned up, the cables were sparking!!! Stopped this from happening by moving the cables apart...

Don't know what else / where else to look. Will be taking it back to the dealer to get it looked at...