Default lsv set up for waterski?

Hi I'm new to the moomba world of boats. I just sold an 82 mastercraft stars and stripes to switch over. Needless to say there was no set up needed to ski behind. the moomba is a little different. Most of the time its just me and my wife. If anyone out there can give me the principles behind the ballast weighting so I can apply it to different situations that would be perfect. Otherwise what set up do you find gives the best wake for skiing. I have the stock gravity III system. thanks
    Go Boat

The ballast are used for wakeboarding. When the bags have water in it, it adds weight to the boat. More weight means bigger wake. When skiing, I have the wake plate all the way down and have most of the weight (people) sit towards the front of the boat. No water in the sacks. This helps minimize the size of the wake. When we wakeboard, depending who is out, we fill the bags accordinly. BTW welcome to the family.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thumbs up

het chilly,
    ive got the outback, I assume like your old mastercraft its a direct drive boat, where the engine is mounted in the center of the boat. Most slalom water skiers prefer the direct drive because most of the time there is a smaller wake with this type of boat. Moomba has an outback with ballest system for wakeboarders, that you fill up when your wakeboarding and you empty when your on the slalom. It is a mixture for both types people.It makes a great choice.
    i spent most of my money on women and beer: the rest, i just wasted.

Sled491 Guest

Chilly, welcome to the family. Your boat is a Vdrive. Hopefully you have the hydraulic wake plate. What you want is ballast bags empty, wakeplate all the way down. This will lift the boat as high out of the water as you are gonna get with a V drive. The higher the boat rides the lower the wake the better for skiing. For boarding or surfing you will go the opposite. The LSV isn't going to give you a tournament quality wake like your stars and strips or an Outback but you should get a fair wake if you follow the principles listed above