Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey B, doesnt mean anything really as there not the same anymore but were never really good to begin with. Just cut open a wix/napa gold/baldwin (all the same filters) and then a fram and you'll see the differance. Not trying to start anything of course but just dont want to see anyone use a crappy product when for the same price they can get a good one. I own and have owned high performance Jets for many years and used to actually use the HP series Frams when I first started out in performance boats. I still frequent performance boat sites Heres a link from one of them talking about the fram filters and I could come up with 1/2 a dozen more just like it. Again just trying to educate people not start anything, after all thats partly what this site is here for right?

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...highlight=fram
    Last edited by byronkoz; 05-14-2008 at 10:57 AM.

No worries.
    Most peeps are 'brand' oriented for whatever reason, real or imagined. I've had good success with what I've used so the notion of 'go with what you know' works for me. And I appreciate the attempted education no doubt.
    Rotella, Fram, Budwieser, LF, Accurite Line, and ice made of water cooled below 32F.
    If the world was full of just one kind of stuff, we'd all be using the same stuff right?
    Last edited by Buttafewcoe; 05-14-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

I've been using Fram oil filters exclusively for all my vehicles and boats for 20+ years and have never had a filter related problem. Can't speak for racing applications though.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

It is my understanding that the difference between marine grade oil and automobile oil is the additives that help the engine with infrequent use (e.g. 1 week between starts).

Given marine oil is hard to come by (at least for me in the Minnesota/Wisconsin market) -- has anyone tried an additive to keep the oil from settling as fast as auto oil?

Sled491 Guest

LSV, I just use synthetic. As I've stated before, Amsoil synthetic is diesel/marine certified. Amsoil or as many others have stated Mobil One synthetic are great choices. If these are a little spendy for you, Walmart usually sells at least one of the recommended oils. Hope this helps

Thanks, i will track down some amsoil synthetic for the next change.

napa sells amsoil or atleast the one by my house does