Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awesome wave! I will take your advice and start setting it up that way, I need to make some purchases of sacs as I only have the rear ballast. that wave is sweet your wife is riding!
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

Here's one of my 11 year old son. He makes it look easy, and doesn't need much of a wake to freesurf.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thats awesome Al.. jealous.. I need wake and skills to freesurf.. AHAA
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Brad,

I'm not there yet. I blame it on the fact that I've not had enough ballast and people on the boat yet for a good, surfable wake for my weight ) I just bought a 750# surf sac though so I'm all out of excuses. Haven't tried it out yet but will let you know how it goes.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

last weekend, we had HORRIBLE conditions for wakeboarding, and even for surfing, but we had center full, 750 full and 5 adults in boat... and had a great wave...conditions made it tough to enjoy... I am getting to the point that I can ride with slack a pretty good bit, but there is a little pulsing (losing the wave and getting pulled by the rope..)
    JUST NEED more Time! we only put the boat in Sat for a chillin cruise.. just the wife and i and we took no boards.. not the typical sat.. not many boats and light/calm winds...

Typical.. have not taken on the remote yet... scared of the drilling! Have you done yours?
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

Brad,

Yes I have. Have you ever drilled into the gelcoat before? If not, my advise is to use new (sharp) drill bits and drill in reverse, all the way through, even when using the hole saw. This will prevent the gelcoat from chipping. What was tricky about installing the remote on the transom is that the place where I installed it (just above the rubrail), the boat is concave there so it's hard not keep the drill bit from walking. I did fine with the two screw holes but when I drilled the pilot hole for the center, larger hole, it walked up a little. So I had to use the next size hole saw so that everything lined up. Other than that, it was pretty easy. I also used silicone sealant around each of the three holes to prevent any water penetration.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I drilled a couple of holes in the glove compartment to install the clarion eq... reverse first and no issues.
    what size hole saw did you use? Did you run it in reverse first?
    I am thinking I will take a piece of wood or cardboard and run template first to help mark spots...
    work and fam have not allowed much play or work time on the boat...

thanks for the help.. gotta take the plunge soon.. oh, where on the transom did you mount yours? I am planning on above the rubrail instead of below..

BW
    Brad

2004 Outback sold

Brad,

Don't remember what size hole saw I used - sorry. I did drill it in reverse, all the way thru. Didn't take long at all.

On my remote, there is a rubber gasket that I slid off the remote - I used it as a template. Not sure if yours has that or not.

I've had the boat out since the remote installation and love it. I remember one time I was listening to the stereo while pulling the kids on the tube and my wife signalled that the kids wanted to stop. So I did and then walked to the ski platform to see what was up. The kids were trying to tell me something but I couldn't hear them since the stereo was still cranking. So I reached down and hit the mute button on the transom remote. Nice!

Good luck!

Al
    Last edited by cab13367; 05-28-2008 at 01:17 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV