Hybrid View

Default Help with Fat Sac size

I'm getting the factory ballast system installed in my '02 Mobius LSV and I would like to add larger ballast bags. I measured the space along side the engine in the back and I get 18" high, 24" wide and 50" long. Im hoping to get as large a sac as possible to fit in there. Looking in the Overtons catalog at the choice of sizes of Fat Sac, they are either too big or dont completely fill the area. I guess what Im saying is that I want as much weight as I can put back there. Anybody else upgrade their bags in this year of Moomba?
    Jim Hagen
    Madison, Wisconsin
    facebook.com/signedgewraps

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV - Exiled
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

I don't have an LSV, but it sounds like the 20x20x50 bag would be just fine, which is 750 pounds, you just might not be able to fill it up all the way. Or you can get custom sacs made, I think they charge about $100 more than the closest size. Don't forget to weight the front some too.

I am guessing that the 20x20x50 would fill up pretty full, as it will push out to the sides since the compartment is 24" wide and so you won't need the full 20" in height. You might give the manufacturer a call and ask them. I called them about a fitment question and they are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. They will know the best sac for your application.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have the same boat that you do and would like to know if the 750# would fit. I am running the 400# V-drive sacs and they are about an inch from the sunpad at the stern. I had to cut a few bolts that were really long as well as removing the panel that covers the filler kneck to get enough clearance. I wish I had the 750# for wakesurfing, but the 400s do great for wakeboarding!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

i have the 800lb launch pad 24 diam x 50 long round tube. fits and completely touching all 4 sides and will touch the top, but it sinks that corner of the boat deep for surfing.

2003 lsv

stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart