Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I was a photographer for The Allegheny County Detective Bureau, Homicide Division
    and then I was a Deputy Coroner for The Allegheny County Coroner's Office (badge 101).
    Ugh... that musta been a treat!
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Aaron, I need to highjack your thread for a second. The wife and I are trying to get money from an eBay/PayPal fallout. We paid 399 for an item and the guy closed his eBay account and Paypal account so we can not recoop our funds. Is there any action that can be taken against him? We have his phone number and address. Were are down here in Alabama and he is in New Jersey.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Aaron, I need to highjack your thread for a second. The wife and I are trying to get money from an eBay/PayPal fallout. We paid 399 for an item and the guy closed his eBay account and Paypal account so we can not recoop our funds. Is there any action that can be taken against him? We have his phone number and address. Were are down here in Alabama and he is in New Jersey.
    ebay buyer protection?
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    ebay buyer protection?
    They coverd the first $200, we are out the other $199. Still sucks.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Jesse - As far as your situation goes I would file a dispute with paypal and Ebay and E-mail them and explain what has happened. You may also want to contact the Police Department where the guy lives if the address is legit and see if they can help you out......

As far as the idiot I'm dealing with he has E-mailed me back once again with this:

Hello,
    I have posted a check of $8,950.90 to you today and you should get it before the end of the week or sometimes next. What you have to do as soon as you get the check is deduct your funds and have the rest of the money sent to the shipper that will pick up from you via moneygram wire transfer. Let me know as soon as you get the check so that I will give you the shippers details the money will be sent to. After the check has been cleared and cashed by your bank, you and the shipper will have to schedule a convinient time on when to pick up. Thanks

I replied with this:

Hello,
    That sounds great that you have sent the check already. I can't wait to get it and I'll be looking for it in the mail real soon. As soon as I get it I will let you know and then we can proceed with the shipping process.
    I will make sure to deduct exactly $4,350.90 to be wired to the shipping company as well.

Thanks again for the great deal,
    Aaron

I'll see what happens from here.......
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

Aaron - Be very careful. Call me @ 312-904-6453 during the day if you want to discuss. Illinois State Police 1980 - 1991, U.S. Justice Department 1991 - 1993, Bank of America 1994 - present. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Aaron - this is great stuff. This is the same kind of low life people that ripped Tazz off. I hope you nail this guy!

Deerfield - Not sure if you've read the whole post but if I'm reading it correctly Aaron has set this up through the PD. If this isn't legit (which I can 99.9999% guarantee it's not) this slime ball will hopefully be caught.
    07 LSV
    If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

As of right now I have not received the check.
    I told the PD what was going on so they are aware of everything.
    Hopefully I'll have it tomorrow or Saturday and then I can proceed from there to see if we can catch the low life.

I also received a third e-mail from a guy trying to do the same thing. I'm playing along with him as well. This is starting to be fun hahah
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

Alright well for some reason this idiot thinks I received the check, but I haven't. Anyways this is what he sent me:

Hey,
    Good day to you and how is work and family? I was in contact with the shipper yesterday and I've been given the details the shipping funds will be transfered to via moneygram money transfer immediately you get the check. Here is the details

Name: Tracy Mainer
    Address: 6019 Johson Terrace
    City: Dallas
    State: Texas

Once you get the check, proceed to moneygram wire transfer store and send the excess fund on the check to the shipper. You check for the nearest moneygram location to you at www.moneygram.com, as soon as the money has been sent you get back to me with the moneygram details(8-digits Reference Number, Senders Name and Address with phone) so the shipper can have the money picked up and have us scheduled for pick up as soon as the check clear and money gone through. Get back to me as soon as you get this email acknowledging it

This is what I replied with:

Michael -

First off I would like to say Thank You for your business!!!!!

Secondly......... YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

The check you have sent was received by the Local Police Department I work for.
    You are now being investigated by the State Police, FBI and the Fraud Department. Your E-Mail address is currently being traced as well.
    Next time you may want to try a little harder and put forth some better grammar and spelling of your English.
    I hope that very soon they will locate you and have you arrested for what you have done.
    Until then, I hope you have a wonderful Life and that you rot in Prison you low life piece of sh**.

Thank you and Please come again,

Respectfully Yours,

Aaron
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL