Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

06 Thunderjet
    07 LSV
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't need nothin but a good time!!!!

1985 Thunderball
    1997 Crownline 18'
    2000 Outback LS
    2007 Mobious LSV (no pics yet... just picked it up!)

I know this is an older thread, but dug it up 'cause I located a print of the boat that got me hooked on water skiing. In '83 took a wad of cash and drove from Illinois to Florida on a mission to bring home a used Nautique. Found this one in central Florida. I think it was a '78 or thereabouts. Towed it home and loved every minute of time on the water. Sold it in '87 to help pay for graduate school. Fast forward twenty years - almost to the day - and I finally replaced it with my '07 Outback. Fuel injection, open bow, speed control, wakeboard tower. Man, did things change and improve in those twenty years!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I don't own a Moomba yet. Soon, hopefully. My current boat (and first boat) is a 07 Sea Ray 195 Sport.

Rest of pics here: Clicky

Think I grew up not too far from Deerfield. We always had jet boats cuz we ran the Kankakee River. One day a family friend shows up with a stars n stripes Mastercraft and gave a kid a pull. I wanted an inboard skier from that day forward. My cousin who grew up skiing with me out there is here visiting. She tells me she just got a "new" boat. It's about an '85 stars n stripes. After tomorrow she's going to be looking for a Moomba though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Skied behind a lot of boats - Mostly outboards, including some pontoons and fishing boats.

My (our) first boat we bough in 1989 a brand new Forrester Phantom 166 with a 110 HP oil injected outboard. A very light boat so the horsepower to weight ratio was good. We ran that until 2000 when we sold it for 50% of what we paid for it and bought a 1999 Mobius carb'd 310HP, with 33 hours on it. Still driving that one.

No regrets - except I can't seem to keep the jam nut from leaking more than I would like..
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Sled491 Guest

I don't want Deerfield to make fun of me again, so I won't do the list. But along his lines our 1st ski boat was an 84 Ski Nautique 2001. You had to be a man to hit that wake at 35off 36mph on a 64" ski, ah the memories.

But to add to the thread, by far since being married and having a family our 07 Outback is by far the favorite boat in my family!

Smile

70ish 19 ft Larson with Johnson 115hp -long gone, gas hog!!!!

1975 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes - just sold for 4k!!!!

2004 Triumph 12ft Center console with Mer. 25hp - really miss this one, is on the back of some guys yacht now, no Really! Should have never sold it!

1999 Proline 25ft Walkabout with a pair of Evinrude 150hp Fichts- Our fishing boat, yard boat now with the price of gasoline! Taking applications for fishing partners, must have lots of money!

2008 Moomba LS- well she is in Alabama now but supposed to come home this week! We really miss her!!! Do you know how many times the kids have asked when are we going skiing!!!!!!! Moomba LS please come home!!!!!!