Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

why is quick reply grayed out??
    Last edited by spyder; 05-02-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Mike, when you select the invisible mode, you become more visible - an asterick is applied to your user name.

Right now, I'm supposedly invisble.
    Administrators can "see invisible" users and know which ones have the feature turned on by the asterisk by their name. You can always see yourself even when invisible - but the asterisk is there to remind you that you have invisible mode turned on.

I'm glad skiers choice kept the board admin with dmgx!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    vBulletin Message
    Remote file is too large

Used the same file as before 2803 bytes???

jmv
    20000 bytes is the limit - are you sure you didn't miss a zero? Also that message will show if the file is interrupted in transfer sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Michael - How do I get my Signature info to show up in my posts? - Deerfield
    There is a delay between when you update your signature and when it begins to show up in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by spyder View Post
    why is quick reply grayed out??
    You must click the quick reply icon (It's the rightmost one) on a post in the thread before you can use the quick reply editor. The system needs to know the exact post you are replying to in order to display threaded mode for users that prefer that view style.

Are the emails functioning properly that send notifications of updates to threads that we have started or posted to? I do not seem to be getting any email updates.

Here is the only option I could find to set:
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode: "Instant Email Notification"
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Quote Originally Posted by JesseC View Post
    Are the emails functioning properly that send notifications of updates to threads that we have started or posted to? I do not seem to be getting any email updates.

Here is the only option I could find to set:
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification Default Thread Subscription Mode: "Instant Email Notification"
    Please double check your account email and while you do that I'll double check the mail configuration.

EDIT: The admincp settings seem ok. One thing to note is that vbulletin sends out notification emails in batches of 10, and these batches are triggered when someone visits the page. Critical emails such as password changes are done immediately

I think I see the problem. On previous threads that I have been replying to (old Board), the notifications at the bottom say "No Email Notification", but if I go to one of the new ones created today (new board), the have automatically changed it to "Instant Email Notification". I have not received an email yet, but I suspect that was the problem and will let you know when they come through.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Thumbs down !?!?

One of the things that I liked so much about the Moomba site was the old BB, this one is the same as a couple of others I use and is so much less user friendly and not even close to being as nice. I am sorry to see the site change, I fear I will not be on the site as much because it isn't as nice as it was. I hope this is only a trial and it goes back to the old format. Just my 2 cents.................Bambam
    2008 Mobius LS

Treat others the way you want to be treated!

Default loop

Michael - With this new web site I find myself looped into someone's photo. For example, in the "what boats have you owned" thread on Pride & Joy, I clicked on tprkolbas' link to the photo of his boat. After viewing the photo I wanted to return to Pride & Joy. Clicking on the back button simply puts the same photo on the screen. The only way back to Pride & Joy was starting all over again with the Moomba web site url. Kind of inconvenient and a discincentive to view photos. This has happened today with a number of different posts that have links to pictures. What am I doing wrong? Please advise. Thanks. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Same problem when I click on the link to see McMoomba's picture posted on Pride & Joy. I get "redirected" to the picture and can't get back to the web site.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I can not seem to get my avitar to work. I tried uploading from photobucket. That did not work. I also tried to upload from a picture in my computer. That did not work. What am I doing wrong?
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Thumbs up

I figured it out. Its nice to see a help desk here. I really am liking this new format. Thanks
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!