Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

OK, another dumb question...

I got the bunks and side guides on did not get it in he water, high winds and rain, yuk..

Anyhow, I set the bunks at about 26 " apart in the middle and the 38" (2x12) , then on my way home I saw a 2006 moomba ls on the side of the road of Keuka lake ( one of our members ironically) so I stopped to check it out and i noticed the bunks were about 4 feet apart on the trailer??

Question? Is how far (about 4ft) they need to be on the hoist?

sorry for the stupidity but f I had the boat, i would'nt have these questions, saturday can't come fast enough....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

jv -

Unfortunately, I don't live fulltime at my lake place so I can't measure my bunk width for you. I had to adjust these a few times myself. I'd say its best to match the trailer bunk width. The hull has built in grooves at this width to the guide the boat onto the trailer. Also, if too narrow, you could possibly hit the speedo or the water intake. In the end, I went about a half inch to an inch wider than my bunks to give a little play so I don't have to hit her just perfect...

Cool

Scoot,

Thanks, Maybe my dealer has the answer where those grooves arebut maye i will just wait until she's home at the lake so i can do the final adjustments. Only so much you can do ahead of time for prep work. lol.

JV

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I just set up my lift up this weekend for 20058 mobius ls. First I decided to us the same bunk width as the trailer which was 42". Then I measured the up from the ground to the bunk and did the same for the cross piece of the trailer. The height difference between the bunk and the cross piece height came to about 14". So I set my bunks at 15" to be safe. When I tried the boat on the lift everything was fine. I then lifted the boat up so that the cross piece was level with the lake to see how much clearance I have to the fins which was about 3" . Now I'm going to lower my bunks an 1" or so because I too face a low lake level at the dock. I hope this helps

I also just set up my lift this weekend using almost the same procedure as Kipp. I used 42 inch bunk width for the entrance side of the lift (where the back of the boat sits), but I moved the front of the bunks closer together to help center the boat. I still have a little fine tuning to do, but this procedure worked great for me also...plenty of fin clearance.
    bigbadjon_LSV
    Tippecanoe Lake, IN

"Growing Older But Not Up!"

Smile

Is that 42 " from the inside measure of the bunks or the outside.? I will certainly give that a try this weekend.

Thks

JV

Joe V
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I think the 42" is to the inside of the bunk. As long as you are close you will be ok 42-44 inches. I also have to do some fine tuning, but I won't be in Michigan till memorial day to finish up.