Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lake Havasu Maiden Voyage=Success!

Hey guys... just got back from an entire week of total fun and relaxation! I have to say fun and relaxation because I got absolutely no rest! I don't think there was a minute in the day that we were not doing something. Our trip started Friday the 25th when we headed to southern Utah for my daughter's gymnastics meet (she placed 2nd all around!). Then Sunday morning we drove the rest of the way to Lake Havasu and stayed in a campground right on Havasu City Lake (on the island itself). The next morning, we promptly put the lil red boat in the water and headed for London channel where the "fake" London bridge is located. We hung out all day looking for coves and putting some more hours on the engine. End result was that we had great fun! Put 18 hours on the engine. This boat ROCKS! Added bonus = they had a speed boat "shootout" Friday-Saturday and we got to see some awesome powerhouses out there. One of the boats was clocked doing 175 mph!!!! Yikes!

Here are a couple of pics you will appreciate.

This is one of the speed boats. There must have been a billion dollars worth of boats and silicon on the water that week!!!!

Looks like yall had a good time. I still love that "Razorback" red boat.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

GT - I hear so much about Lake Havasua, it's taken on mythical proportion. Pretty cool that you and the family got to watch, and feel, the speed boat shoot out. The water looks prefect for your Moomba. Love the pictures with your kids. Hug 'em all you can. Congratulations to your daughter. She's workin' hard and paying her dues as an athlete to place second at a meet. Regarding "absolutely no rest," good thing we have jobs where we can recover to get ready for more vacation or weekend fun. Thanks for the pics. - Deerfield

looks like it was fun! i am certain the water was warmer than LP would have been.

my wife has been asking about going to havasu, but that is a real long ways from Denver! i told i would be glad to go during spring break, but she says i don't fit in the crowd and i would probably lose my boat.

sounds like a fun trip.
    Boat looks great...
    Who made the custom over the tower top? kinda nice....extra headroom!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

All:
    Thanks for all the comments. I hug all my kids every day like it's the last time I will get a chance to do just that!
    The top was done by Custom Covers of Salt Lake City. It is awesome and a breeze to fold/unfold. They can be found at sewlong.com.
    It works real well because it covers all the way from the windshield to the back seat, so plenty of shade! The headroom is great because it goes over the top of the tower, therefore, when I do put some obnoxious speakers on it, I won't lose much headroom.
    Regarding the "fitting in the crowd at LH" comment, you are so right about that yearround. That lake is more testosterone and silicone than I have seen in a long time. There are signs warning people that they will be arrested for nudity. Well, there's a way around laws and they have pasties and butt floss bikini bottoms readily available for the ladies! That circumvents that law.

All in all, we were able to explain just about everything to the kids and we used the barenaked ladies as an example of what NOT to do.
    I did enjoy the view of the million dollar boats and human engineered women though!

Nice boat - Nothing like the desert lakes! My daughter is a level 5, I think all the gymnastics helps her wakeboarding. I really like the bimini thanks for the contact.

Nice! My girl just got moved on to level 5. She will do her last 2 meets this month in level 4 and then she moves up. Aren't they amazing?

What is amazing is the time they spend at the Gym. She has practice 4 hours a night 3 nights a week. No wonder she has abs of steel.

Sled491 Guest

Very cool, it must be noce to live in a part of the country to make a nice camping trip like that in mid April. Boat looks really good. Good to see those kids smiling!