Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Getting boat built......

Hey is Skiers Choice behind on production of boats or is my dealership giving me a run around. I ordered my 2008 LSV from South Austin Marine in Texas back in Feburary. They cashed my deposit check for the boat on Feb 7th and called me so I can comfirm the order of the boat and tell them the options that I want. They told me it should take a month and a half to build the boat and I should have it end of March first of April. I call them middle of april and they told me they had to move my spray date back another 2 weeks and it should be done end of april. So then I called The dealership back middle of april and and they now told me that I have a spray date of April 28 and the boat should be completed and shipped to them second weekend of May.. I was just wondering if Skiers Choice is behind or is South Austin Marine giving me the run around, has anyone had this problem....

I ordered a boat in Feb also. I contacted SC directly through email with details of the boat and dealer. They gave me a spray date in late April. I followed up on Friday and it is in production. My point is, contact SC and bypass your dealer on this. Your dealer is just calling SC anyway, so cut out the middle man.

Sounds good I am going to call them tomorrow and see what is going on
    thanks...

Called Skiers Choice today and they told me all the details on my boat. They were real helpful and great people to deal with. Thanks....

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Ordered same time as you, and might have it 4 weeks from now. I wasn't sure if it was the dealer of SC. My lake is still frozen so I guess it doesn't really matter.

The folks at Skiers choice have been great, Callie in particular.

The guys at South Austin Marine won't screw you around. I've bought 2 boats from them and they are by far the best dealer in or near Austin. They have always taken care of my problems right away.

Congrats on the new boat and hope you get it soon.

Yeah I talked to Callie at Skiers Choice very nice lady... Yeah our lakes around hear are about 65 to 70 degrees with an air temp of 85 to 90 so it is getting pretty nice. Just ready to get on the lake, been out a couple of times this year in my old boat (2002 Malibu sportster lx). But it does not throw the wake that the fully loaded LSV will...

What are you going to do with the Malibu? That it one of the best slalom boats out there.

Yeah it is the # 1 slalom boat in the country for about the last 9 years, but It was a good starter boat for wake boarding. I have had the boat for 3 years now and need a bigger boat and wake. The malibu throws a desent wake but I have to put 1000 lbs of ballast to make the wake of a unwaited LSV. I am going to trade it in, they are giving me pretty good money for it..

Talked to my Dealer today And I was told the boat is in Pre production What is Pre production? I have been told that it would be ready mid MAy but if it is in pre production how long?
    Hmmmmm
    Last edited by aerophoto; 05-02-2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.