Default Steering and rudder locked up!!! HELP!!!

My Moomba Mobius V Drive 2000 has a problem.

The steering wheel is solid, the rudder wont move at all, totally locked up!

The boat has been in storage for 9 months.

I cant get down to the rudder/cable attachment to find out whether its the rudder or steering cable at fault.

Bloody V drives....no room to maintain/repair!

Can anyone give me a clue....i guess its either the rudder bush seized or the steering cable corroded and seized.

The steering cable also runs to the bow of the boat before its journey to the rear.....why?

undue the cable at the rudder, then get under the boat and see if you cn move the rudder,rudder moves then you need cable replaced. search for a post by jesse c. he has some helpfull tips. saved me some money

stacy

Wolfstone,
    I have a 04 Mobius LSV and just changed my cable.Very easy job.To check it go in the left aft compartment and take out the compartment wall.It is held in place with 4 sheet metal screws.Now you should be able to see the rudder linkage.Disconnect the cable from the rudder.It is one bolt and nut.It either takes a 1/2 or 9/16 wrench.I can't remember.Once you take that out go move your steering wheel.If it is still frozen then it is probably the cable.You can grab the rudder linkage also and check that for binding.While you are down there hit the greaes fitting with some grease.The other thing to check you can do is take the cable off at the steering wheel end.It is held on with 4 bolts.I think these were 3/8.If the wheel moves freely and your rudder moved by hand then it your cable.My cable was frozen when I took it out.I could move it with the steering wheel but not by hand.Hope this helps.
    John

Default steering trouble

yes, checked the cable, solid as a rock!
    Will remove it completely this weekend and get on the water at last!
    new cable on the way!
    thank you all!

wolf, if the cable will pull out-make sure to attache a rope to the end so you call pull it back to the rudder. i could not as other wires/cables were wrapped around the steering cable, actually had to pull the floor out-really not that hard with a cordless screwdriver. one thing there were 3 screws going into the side of the floor under the rear sides-pull the cushions up and there will be 3 screws that will hold the floor down---very tricky of someone to hide them there. the floor will lift up very easily then.

stacy