Thread: Ski Paradise

Default Ski Paradise

I had the great fortune to spend a week at Ski Paradise in Acapulco the week of April 5th. http://www.skiparadise.com/

I have to say that this is a trip that any serious slalom skier should make at least once in their career. If I cold afford it I would go twice a year.

Gordon and Gabriella are terrific people and great hosts. The accommodations, staf, food, and atmosphere are outstanding. And the ski site is great with two slalom courses and a comfortable palapa for hanging out while the rest of the gang gets their sets in .

I have a few photos on my web page from the trip.
    http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/~...aradise08.html

There was some great coaching and the other guests were the best. It is such a great experience being surrounded by people who 'get it' when it comes to slalom. I had a chance to ride a new HO Monza with some success.

I went with my son Richard as a sort of College Graduation celebration. I think got a lot out of the trip as well. and t was a great opportunity for us to hang out before he moves on to the next phase of his life.. Richard is working up a trip report that we may post later.

Have a good season you guys. We are look at fresh snow at the moment, but the ice is out as of Thursday.

Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Dave - Looks like a great facility. Perfect water and nice set up for down time between sets. Thanks for posting the pics! - Deerfield

Sled491 Guest

Dave, that looks just unbelievable. As a serious hard core skier I just dig it. I mean everyone seems to be a jazzed up about there wakeboard boats. Everyone forgets it all started with a ski boat.

Is it more of an adult place or could it be a family vacation?

Gordon is setup to handle just about everyone. it probably depends somewhat on the group that ends up with you on the week. Our group was all couples , and then me and Richard (22).

I am pretty sure that teens or pre-teens would fit in just fine if they skied and were into skiing. Because the lake is a 20 minute drive - once you are at the lake you are pretty much there for the day. No TV. but the ocean is a quick walk from the site - but not sure if it swimable - current??? I never left the palapa.

I found the other guests were very much ski oriented and very content to sit in the sun or in the shade, talk about skiing, family, work , etc., and work on skis, and just hang out.

Evenings involved swimming and hot tub with appetizers by the pool. Usually drinking involved but not falling down drunk type drinking. Very friendly atmosphere with our group.

We were usually in be by 10:30 because we got up at 6:00 to get best water and an early start on the day.

The rooms were very spacious but no TV. So if the kids can't live without that ... The atmosphere is really geared more toward a shared experience encouraging people out of their room. There was a game room with pool table and a TV for videos.

I know Gordon and his staff teache new skiers, even at a young age. One of his drivers helped one of the guests get up on slalom for the first time by starting in the water with her and lifting her up.

If you are thinking about - contact Gordon and get his input, but the suitability for kids is really more a function of the kid and your relationship with them, than the site.

Dave
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Sled491 Guest

Dave,

Thanks, I've already been in contact with Gordon Via email and thinking this might have to be a wife and myself only trip. But I think my 8 yr old would really dig a trip like this