Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Help me decide...Z1 vs Mobius LSV vs Vride!

I drove the Malibu V ride and the Moomba Mobius today. Still need to drive the Tige Z1.

I would appreciate some input from anyone with experience in these boats.
    Here are my Pros/cons:

Malibu V ride:
    Pros:

Nice ride thru chop
    Turns on a dime
    Steers super easy and tracks straight at low speed
    Swivel cptn chair
    Nice storage
    Led lit inside gunnels
    Awesome tower design
    Speedo is digital and adjusts easily with cruise. Holds speed nice.
    Cable free throttle...really nice for control
    Quiet and smooth
    Lift up strut supported storage door in passenger area
    Good upholstery and stitching

Warranty??

Cons:
    07 I drove was pretty plain and priced at 42k..seems like 08 would be the same?
    Manual wedge...please debate the taps, vs wedge, vs adjustable wake plate. I was told the floating wedge messes up handling when its doin its thing.
    single axle trailer
    Only 4 speakers
    Plastic cup holders
    No racks
    Smallish, but not bad interior, seats 10

08 Mobius LSV

Pros:
    All white w/ blk accent was sweet.
    Spacious interior
    Loaded with tower speakers, dual amps, wakeboard prop,hydraulic wakeplate, Gravity 3 ballast for 42k.
    Seems to ride well thru chop, tracks well, quiet.
    Nice carpet
    Good storage
    Rear seat pulls out for rear facing seating
    4 year drive train, 3 year bow to stern warranty..due to show special

Cons:

Cable throttle system..seemed harder to control speed.??
    Non Swivel cpt chair
    Seemed to have more "vibration" initially on acceleration
    Front passenger seat access pad squeeks when you lean on it and it opens into cokpit area vs opening up.
    Sterring..is it different than the malibu? It seemed like the Malibu was 1 finger steering...??

Tige Z1

Pros:
    Sweet looking
    Nice area to sit on back of boat to put skis on
    Digital speedo? with dial also?
    Simple cruise...no look
    Storage area opens in bow also, uses shocks.
    Taps system...trimable...no need for ballast bags
    I can get a smokin deal on one...cant say how much but its almost too good to pass up.
    Supposed to ride better in chop, and quieter, with hull design and the way the two halves of boat are fiberglassed together???

Cons:

Seemed tight inside bow a bit, and in main area.
    Semi swivel cpt chair
    Seems as if dealers are coming and going
    Will they be in business for years like malibu and moomba?

Havent driven....soooo

Yamaha 212x...

I dont have enough time..lets say it is out of the running

Let me start by saying that I think you will be happy with either of the 3 inboards. After looking at what you said it appears that you are getting a lot more bang for the buck with the Moomba. First, its a 2008. Second, it's loaded. Third, by far the best warranty. Plus at $42k you are getting a sweet deal.

I cannot speak for the other boat companies as I do not have much experience with theme but let me handle some of your cons about the Moomba. Does the LSV have perfect pass or EZ Cruise? It should have one on it at least-problem solved with keeping speed. If you thought it had vibration, try driving it with the standard prop or an acme prop comparable to Moomba's wakeboard prop. For some odd reason Moomba's wakeboard prop makes a strange sound during acceleration at slow speeds. A different prop will fix that. For the cushion, they just have to break in. Also, by swinging out and not up it allows better access for larger items. For the steering, the Moomba should be 1 finger as well. Was it stiff or something?

I'm pretty sure the LSV captain chair does swivle but I may be wrong. It also has the Moomba cruise so controlling the speed shouldn't be an issue. Set it and forget it. I do like the Z1 as well but the one I looked at was 60k with the options I wanted.

My 07 LSV steering moves with one finger. I agree with the prop. My stock prop felt funny. I changed it and everything is smooth. Think about this, with the Moomba, you get it loaded. With the other boats, it all add-ons. This means big bucks. A friend of mine bought a Master Craft with all the Bells and Whisltes. $95,000 I bought my boat with all the bells and whistles and paid $42,000. See the difference. Hope this helps with your decesion. Plus if you get the Moomba, there is lots of guys that have great ideas, advice, and heplful suggestions.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Jon,

Thanks..

The boat has ez cruise..just seemed different than the electronic throttle as far as reallllly being able to make fine adjustments.

I am pretty sure its the wakeboard prop...I will ask

The steering seemed stiffer than the vride...maybe break in needed?

The Z1 is loaded, and they will sell at cost. They are a new tige dealer and want to get the word out, so they said they would think of it as advertising money....I would have to be an ambassador to the dealership...but thats ok....

I agree, all 3 are great choices.. You MAY want to pose that question on Wakeworld...You will get strong responses on all three...
    One common thing that comes up on the Tige's...... I looked at them myself.. they claim no need for ballast.. boat weight and taps covers that.. Upside...probably less weight for wake/but most wakeboarders claim that it is not enough without ballast... depending on your situation, that may not matter to you... BUT, if you wanna surf, you'll have to add ballast....

Perf Pass can be added to the LSV for about $1000.. Remember that in your comparison. Perf Pass is awesome.. When I had my 04 OUtback, I said, nahhh....no big deal.. when I found my LSV, it had it already and IMMEDIATELY, I fell in love. the LSV is harder to maintain speed than my Outback was with Carb engine (Not using PP), but with PP, not an issue!

You have 3 great boat options now... much better options than the yamaha...

Good luck and the good news is: sounds like your getting an inboard, and soon!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Hey man to me it's a pretty simple decision. I've had a Moomba for 3 years now, and my next boat will be a Moomba as well. Yes the Tige & Mastercraft are quality boats too, but you're simply getting alot less for your money. Tazz mentioned his buddy paid $95,000 for his boat, BUT the boat did not cost an additional $50,000 to make. Skier's Choice does not cut corners to save you money. They are building boats out of a state of the art facility. Basically SC has cut out alot of BS to save you money. Again all the other manufacturers have quality boats too. Just comes down to how much you want for your dollar....To me that's a no-brainer.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Also, I'm pretty sure the 08 LSV is drive by wire? I was told by a few sources that they had gone to drive by wire. Is that wrong? I swear my LSV doesnt have a throttle cable at the throttle body and just has a wire harness plugging into it. Does anyone know for sure if the 08's are throttle cable or drive by wire?
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

Tell me how the Perfect pass and the ez cruise differ from each other?

Also, how is that different from the Malibu system?