Default free ride ski for teenager

my kids are starting to ski and i need to get them a ski that is their size. we usually only free ride because we don't have access to a course, (maybe once a year)

i usually ski on a HO triumph, 69 dbl venoms. i would prefer the HO Esprit (my kids are girls and want something more girly, but put graphix aside).

i think i can get an older, little used triumph in 63 for a really good price.

any opinions?
    thanks

Try ebay, there are a couple of 63" skis going for less than $50 with double high wraps. It seems as if the bindings are either small or X-large, so it does me no good.

Sled491 Guest

You know there are a couple of old standards that have stood the test of time. The Obrien World Team, new in most catalogues around 250.00, Barts also has a ladies Impulse with girly graphics for the same price. For a bit more longevity try a Kidder Red Line, you can sometimes find them used for a good price.

performace ski has the HO esprit with dbl shock boots for $284, my preference would be for this ski in a 65"

i may have located a 2006 triumph in 63" with venom front and RTP. i think i can get this for $120.

i think the triumph is a bit less stable unless on edge?

Sled491 Guest

Isn't the triumph a wide body

we stopped in at Tommy's Slalom shop last saturday afretnoon. it was their spring yard sale. there was nothing worth buying there, but we started talking to tommy. he made us a fantastic deal on 64" esprit from 07, he also put on 08 dbl shock boots!

we got out for family night last night and torri tried it out. it took a few tries to get out (but that was likely the driver of a new boat)

here is her ski!

i tried a few turns on my ski too. getting up was awesome! i was out of the water before the prop wash! that never happened on the old IO. I love this ride!
    this turn was ok

but i dropped something on this one

here is ellie getting out on the kneeboard

maybe i should have put this in pride and joy? i love my kids!