Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slick Ipod Dock

Default Slick Ipod Dock

Here's a slick looking Ipod dock in case you haven't seen it yet. Overton's sells it for $70 here:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...%20ipod%20dock

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

WOW that looks slick!
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Default Yes...

Very slick!!!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Very Cool. I might think about getting one. If so, not ot find the guts to cut the boat for this to fit.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Sled491 Guest

so would you just run it to the jack on the front of yor stereo or would you hard wire it somehow?

The add soesn't say

It is a piece of plastic with an iPod sized hole. It does nothing but hold the iPod. You can't get to the controls. Great for stereos with iPod controllers, like the new one MB Quart makes, but useless for Kenwood.

Save the $70 and cutting a HUGE hole in your boat. Stick it in the glove box.

-J

Sled491 Guest

That's what I thought

My other thought was with the frequency that they change the shape and size of Ipods and the inevitability that eventually the ipod would need to be replaced.. what would you do with the hole after the fact..

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTechie
    It is a piece of plastic with an iPod sized hole. It does nothing but hold the iPod. You can't get to the controls. Great for stereos with iPod controllers, like the new one MB Quart makes, but useless for Kenwood.

-J
    I swapped in a kenwood deck that does control the ipod. The only problem is that it has to connect to the usb port on the front AND the aux in on the back. Anyone know of a way to add a female headphone type jack to the dash? (this would then connect to the aux in on the back of the stereo, if that makes sense).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTechie

-J
    Joe,

This ipod dock is for those that have upgraded their head units to one that can control the ipod directly (Kenwoods included), either from the HU or from a dash mounted remote. It's a clean, slick way to connect and disconnect your ipod. It would be useless with the stock HU.

If I was to buy one, I would install it in the glove box, right next to the 12V plug.

I agree that it is pretty pricey though for what it is.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV