Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just got the mirror mount.. It was $30. I had purchased the DIYWake model late last fall and can;t justify a new one just on the logo! BUT, as many have found, the mirror mount on that style is poo. The mount that Aqua shows on here is designed for factory mirror. I am jazzed about that as the mirror with my tower arm will not stay tight...it has grip tape inside to hold it but that does not last long..

I think Aqua said above he thinks about $175. I sent a message to AL watersports online from their site and got a reply within 2 hrs. Actually, I got a reply from the mfg of the arms as well. They are located in N. Alabama as well. A machine shop... They should be pitching that to Skiers Choice!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Hey guys your welcome! You will love the chrome on that adaptor. AWS said the arm is 185 plus shipping, I was a little off.....but it was a good guess! LOL.

I talked with the owner today of the machine shop and they in conjuntion with AWS are looking into making the arm detachable from the tower. I really like the arm now and feel that making removeable will only make it better.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I think I will be giving them a call. I really like the mirror. I got mine at DIY wake last year. I think I am going to sell it and get the Moomba one. It really looks great.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I have the Roswell Wakeair S.I. Team Mirror Arm and it is great, I do not fold my tower down, so I do not know how much of a pain it will be to remove and remount, but I am sure it is a pain.

btw, I purchased my Roswell Wakeair new at my Supra Dealer for 199 - including tax, so 250 for a non dealer item might be kind of high.

Recieved my Monster mount a couple of days ago. Mounted it yesterday, and am quite pleased. I went with the Monster mount because of the detachable aspect and I also got a "hook-up" on it. Not allowed to post the price, but basically didn't have to pay shipping. Nice to have friends in the right places.

Thanks for the input guys. I just ordered the Moomba arm from Eddie at Alabama Watersports. I should have it ina few days. $190 including shipping.

Aquaholic, any timeframe on making that arm removeable? I have to do something on mine, i hate that mirror on the windshield!

Out of curiosity how come nobody uses the Moomba arm? Is it not a good design or something?
    2007 Mobius LSV

i use the mirror that came with the tower. i think it is a great mirror, i have no issues with it, would certainly recommend it, i don't think it would detach very easy, but it goes in my garage just fine.

I'm not concerned so much about removing i guess. Anyone know how much the stock moomba arm is?
    2007 Mobius LSV

it was 195 when we bought our boat.