Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tower Mirror Mount

I wanting to add a tower mounted mirror to my '04 LSV. Any suggestions? I've looked into several and pricing ranges from about $100 with mirror up to nearly $250 without mirror. Do the cheaper ones tend to vibrate too bad to see out of, or do they work just as well?

The "cheaper" ones ARE cheap. I bought a very inexpensive one for my old Bayliner and regreted "saving" $100 the moment I installed it. Whatever you do, do not buy one from EBAY unless it's from a well known brand such as Monster.

i won one at the florida jamboree-2003 lsv, anyway ive been out 2 times since munting it on the tower and im taking it off and putting the old windshield frame mounted one back up. this is the factory mirror arm-forget the name of it, but the vibrations were driving me nuts. for the bling it looked good but not practical-if you fold your tower down like i do for parking in the garage i have to take it off.-major pain in the butt. it would hit the front side of the boat

stacy

Default Re: Tower Mirror Mount

Quote Originally Posted by K_E_N
    I wanting to add a tower mounted mirror to my '04 LSV. Any suggestions? I've looked into several and pricing ranges from about $100 with mirror up to nearly $250 without mirror. Do the cheaper ones tend to vibrate too bad to see out of, or do they work just as well?
    Ken,

On my previous boat, I bought one of the cheap, fixed arms. I had two issues with it: First, it did not come with inserts so installing it meant that you had metal to metal contact and scratches galore on the tower. Second, it is only adjustable along one plane so depending on what tower you have, you may or you may not be able to get it to sit level.

For my Moomba, I bought the monster tower arm (monstertower.com). It runs $170 with the mirror, $115 without (you will need the inserts). It's very well made, it's rock solid, the arm rotates around the clamp and the clamp obviously rotates around the tower so you can position it exactly how you want it, and the arm & mirror is removable with a quick flip of a lever so it's secure and it doesn't take a beating from rocks and bugs while trailering. It also comes with inserts to fit a variety of tower sizes and protects the tower as well.

I'm very pleased with it. It doesn't look "dope" like some other ones but it's perfectly functional.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al, any vibrations with that arm? that would work great for myself but i dont think monster makes it for the smaller diamature tower's

stacy

im going to go on there website and check it out

Stacy,

No vibrations within the mirror/arm/clamp assembly.

I don't think that monster makes an insert for a 2-3/8" tower (they make a 2-1/4" and a 2-1/2" so they recommend that you use one of each). I'm not sure exactly what I ended up doing - I think I wrapped some rubberized tape around the tower to build up the thickness a little and then used the 2-1/2" inserts as the inserts are pretty rigid plastic and I couldn't get the 2-1/4" to work on my 2-3/8" tower. Yeah, I think that's what I ended up doing.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

K_E_N -

I have an extra tower mirror mount if you are interested. I bought one not knowing that one was coming installed on my new LSV. It is a Roswell Wakeair S.I. Team Mirror Arm. I never used it, but it is definitely a high quality mirror. Here is the website:

http://www.roswellwakeair.com/content/view/25/48/

I'll take $250 + shipping, or best offer.
    bigbadjon_LSV
    Tippecanoe Lake, IN

"Growing Older But Not Up!"

Cab, thanks, I think I will go with Monster.
    Jon, thanks, but that's a little more than I was intending upon spending. I'm hoping to keep it less than $150.

There is a mastercraft mirror and arm for sale on www.wakeworld.com under classifieds in accessories its way down the list but he was asking 150. I have the same arm and its removeable and is very sweet. its worth a little digging to find it.
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

talked to monster tower-for the smaller diamature towers the mirror arm will work with there universal inserts. may also need a cipa extreme mirror adaptor-to work with the ball and socket style mirrors.
    arm $115
    adaptor $35

for the adaptor
    http://monstertower.com/mt_cipa_adaptor.htm

stacy