Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

rpe lsv, i received some racks from diywake.com as a raffle givaway--give him a look, product looks good and price is not to high

stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

yeah i've been to diywake.com many many times pondering ordering the racks...it's a very good price.

however i heard from a little birdy that my fiance ordered me some dbot5 racks for my soon to be birthday. i hope it's true! haha

Cab - you should post up some pics of your new racks. I would love to see them.
    Life's a garden, dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by RPE_LSV View Post
    Cab - you should post up some pics of your new racks. I would love to see them.
    I'm taking the boat out tomorrow so I will take some pics and post them tomorrow night. I did install them and you can definitely not use all the slots (i.e., put 4 wakeboards in on one side, for example) as there isn't enough vertical spacing between them.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Here are the pics with 4 sets of factory racks on an LSV. As you can see, you can't use all 4 slots on one side at once, unless maybe you but wakeboards on the top and bottom slots and surfboards in the middle ones.

Al

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

at the florida jamboree last year or the year before there was a xlv that also had racks on the top of the tower, each rack was v shaped and would hold 4 boards, he had the racks on the side like Al does plus the ones on top--if i remeber correctly he could hold 16 boards. i took picture of this and will look for it and post it

stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

this is the xlv was talking about
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Thanks for the pics Cab.

I love the XLV pic. I don't think I need that many board racks, but love the setup. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by RPE_LSV; 06-17-2008 at 06:39 PM.
    Life's a garden, dig it!

Talking

Tyger: are you interested in selling the POS Dbot5 surf rack?
    PM'd you....

I also have a Dbot5 rack and love it, no problems and works great they did make the bungee straps a little to long but no one is perfect and I am sure there are all kinds of shapes and sizes in boards so maybe it's just my board is to small anyways I like my rack and it really helped clean the clutter out of my boat... I bought the wakeboard rack and the optional robot arm attachment now I can hold 6 boards and a surf board

just my thoughts to each there own

Firstly I want to say that it's not my intention to bash DBot. I had a bad experience and wanted to share. Other people have posted good experiences and that's fine, too. When I'm researching a product I read all the reviews and take everything with a grain of Internet salt.

Ian at onlyinboards.com is fabulous to work with. When I told him about my troubles, he mentioned that he wasn't surprised I had a less than perfect experience with DBot. He allowed me to return my DBot and order the Nice Rack single-slot surf rack. However, by the time my order was processed Nice Rack had switched to only making a dual-slot rack, so that's what they gave me. I had to wait a bit, but I love the rack. It uses the same mounting system as my Nice Rack, so it's stable as a rock. Also, since it uses a rear mounted bungee, I can wrap my thin Broadcast surf board over/under and keep it snug as a bug.

I'm still curious if Nice Rack was the factory wakeboard rack on an 05 Mobius LSV or if it was added by the boat's original owner...

Sadly, however, my fat but loveable kneeboard (lol at Dennis) still does not fit in the rack. I'm now determined to return the kneeboard to Academy and get one that's not nearly so thick (but still has the awesome rope slot at the front).

I've attached some pics of the new Nice Rack surf rack. These were taken at night, so the finish looks bad, but it's really nice (even with bugs on it ).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV